• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

2024 International Footy

Same Milne that missed a game high 7 tackles?

Solid player with brain snaps. Not sure why he’s become a must keep on here for some.
I just think if we are getting 5ish games a year out of him when he’s filling in for rep/injury we could do worse. As a depth player, who is very capable of decent and impactful brainsnaps, also has a bit of upside.

If Milne was in the squad and AJ isn’t right to start the year, he’s a starter. A better winger than Tass. Whether you want to chalk that up to Milne being solid, or our outside backs being thin, is up to you.

If Milne was in the squad and AJ isn’t right to start the year, he’s a starter. A better winger than Tass. Whether you want to chalk that up to Milne being solid, or our outside backs being thin, is up to you.
Which raises the question I still haven’t been able to answer.
Why 3 years for Tass and no offer for Taane?
Doesn’t seem right.

And that’s not saying taane should be a regular. Far from it. But as a back up you know what you’ll get. The good and the bad.

Are we saying the same for Tass?

We haven’t seen Tass much on wing yet. If he plays there I want to give him the opportunity before saying he’s a worse winger than Milne.

The question isn’t whether Milne is better than one of our current players but whether he’s better than an external player that we can bring into the 30. That question clearly hasn’t been answered yet.

The question isn’t whether Milne is better than one of our current players but whether he’s better than an external player that we can bring into the 30. That question clearly hasn’t been answered yet.
It could be that Wayne is waiting to see the player movement over the next month or 2. It is still unclear if JAC will become available and more to the point, affordable for us. There is also the possibility of Matt Lodge on a low cost contract. There could also be others that Wayne is looking at also. If there are no external prospects then I wouldn't be surprised if Milne was then signed, providing he hasn't signed elsewhere. I would keep him for his resilience and offloading ability then play him in the back row.

I would have said Tass but it's hard to say now after a good season and 60 plus offloads from Milne. Milne certainly brings the ball back hard and makes good metres, (not meters). Tass didn't get that much of a chance to impress this season due to injury but he went ok previously at left centre. Both players are very good backups for our first grade side. I still see Milne as an NRL standard backrower and hope Wayne can find a way to resign him.

That was a pretty poor game on Friday night between Aus and Tonga if I'm honest. I mean, it was a good contest up until the end of the game, but it was really low quality and I didn't find it a great watch. The Kangaroos were sloppy and Tonga weren't much better to be honest.

Our Rabbitohs were quiet too.

Back