• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

2024 Finals: Other Matches

It's the consistency that raises the red flags for me. 5 straight years without a dip. Never tire. Play through injuries without looking hindered at all.

Gap the shit teams with poor standards? Absolutely. But they're levels ahead of the other top sides.

To quote one of my favourite shows "It's good. So good, it scratched that part of my mind. The part that doesn't allow good to exist without a condition."
Not so sure about this call. Go out to the schools out there and rugby league is a passion.and then come back to Central Sydney and compare it. Passion breeds success and that's exactly what's happening. Winning is just accelerating the process.

Not so sure about this call. Go out to the schools out there and rugby league is a passion.and then come back to Central Sydney and compare it. Passion breeds success and that's exactly what's happening. Winning is just accelerating the process.
But it was a passion for many years and Penrith were bog average.

Why are they so good the last 5 years?

Should have been only 3 in a row, Rabbits should have won 2021. How we botched that year still haunts me. I was at the game, I was in the corner where Murray makes the break, I was already celebrating the win then no back up, no try.
Compounded by Cook going left when we had a 4 on 2 with Benji on the right

You kinda know rugby league isn't rigged (bar what the roosters get away with) when it's the panthers and the storm always so dominant.

How much they'd love the dogs and us, or parra to be this dominant.

Jerome Luai is going to go in the history books as one of the greats. Wtf is the standard of rugby league these days

They're literally all blood doping.

Look at these goofs celebrating.

As if they're not cheating.

Origin shows that these players aren't better than the rest of the elite.

But all together in club land, doped to the gills, its not fair.

Low morality area. Low morality club.
You can’t keep a secret in Rugby League for 5 years

Especially when they’ve lost so many players and staff if they’re doing it everyone would be doing it by now

I posted this previously but a younger mate of mine went through the Knight system with Zac Hoskins.

Zac said he never been anywhere where they train as hard and long as Penrith and work on improving every aspect of their game

They are a bunch of footy heads who live where there’s SFA else to do. So they just train

Compare this with half our boys learning to surf by lunch time every day

You kinda know rugby league isn't rigged (bar what the roosters get away with) when it's the panthers and the storm always so dominant.

How much they'd love the dogs and us, or parra to be this dominant.
I disagree

I believe they push the teams where they want growth and need to be pushed to keep their fan base engaged

Bring back the sin bin for continued ruck infringement and the Riff don’t win four in a row

Us,Parra, Dogs etc all have the rusted on fan base

But it was a passion for many years and Penrith were bog average.

Why are they so good the last 5 years?
Because for many years they were being raped by other teams of all their best juniors. Rep sides were being influenced by one or two clubs so many young players who couldn't get a start were being picked up by other clubs.That has changed now and those juniors are staying in the system.

They have always had the best juniors in the country the fact it took them this long to be dominant shows how badly the club was run previously
For many years Penrith Panthers club was a money making enterprise with no regard at all for their team. I think that's changed around a lot in recent times. Maybe Gus did that when he went back there.

I'm surprised a coach hasn't come out and demand Atkins be no where near a GF involving the Panthers, conflict on interest.

The commentators on nine are a bunch of clowns, very irritating.

Combination of a couple of things.

1. They realised who the key players in that squad are and locked them up long term. Cleary, Yeo, Edwards, Martin all set the standard and are a formidable group

2. They have the best junior recruitment in the country. Not only do they produce more local first graders than anyone else, but look how they identify talent out in the bush and bring it to Penrith.

If Sam does end up as HC here after Wayne, Ben Gardener would definitely be worth considering as one of his assistants

Latest posts

Back