• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

I’m still dumbfounded how we can be losing Tom and Cookie and have cap issues with the roster we have

Yeah we have some quality players but our squad isn’t that deep.

We must be seriously paying overs for a few

1 Mitchell
2 Murray
3 Walker
4 Wighton
5 Koloamatangi
6 Arrow

6 Origin level players, plus Graham and Tatola.

That’s where the money goes. It’s not rocket science.

The grand finalist Storm have 5? Origin guys?

We have two problems with our cap.

1, we’re buying name brand. So instead of a younger centre who gets close to Wighton level production but on a fraction of the cost, we’re paying for a name. That isn’t paying overs as such, Wighton is on an appropriate wage for his standing.

2, our squad fill-ins are the on too much for what they offer the team. Looking at you Ilias, Host and probably Havili, etc.

I’m still dumbfounded how we can be losing Tom and Cookie and have cap issues with the roster we have

Yeah we have some quality players but our squad isn’t that deep.

We must be seriously paying overs for a few

Would say:

Trell
Murray
Arrow
Graham
Wighton
Koloamatangi
Walker

Taking up much of our cap.

Then you got
Dodd
AJ
Illias
Aitken
Tatola
Tass
Keppie
Havilli

Which would be in the middle range you would think

1 Mitchell
2 Murray
3 Walker
4 Wighton
5 Koloamatangi
6 Arrow

1, we’re buying name brand. So instead of a younger centre who gets close to Wighton level production but on a fraction of the cost, we’re paying for a name. That isn’t paying overs as such, Wighton is on an appropriate wage for his standing.

2, our squad fill-ins are the on too much for what they offer the team. Looking at you Ilias, Host and probably Havili, etc.

Last few years we haven't tried to recruit players that we actually need or buy players and play them in a different position to where they used to play

1 Mitchell
2 Murray
3 Walker
4 Wighton
5 Koloamatangi
6 Arrow

And I think with a full squad and Wayne steering the ship Wighton is going to show he's worth every cent. I still think he was great this year given the circumstances. Get all our players back on the field and if things don't change then by all means we can have a whinge ,but I have a feeling mouths will be shut.

Host on $300k? Get the **** outta here

The average salary for an edge backrower ranked 36-40 in the league is $302k

Judging by how they’ve used him, it would seem the club signed him as a starting edge (bench at worst). Plenty on here had him pencilled in as such 18 months ago.

So yeah, probably about right.

Latest posts

Back