• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Whats your strongest side

12 try assists to go with his 13 tries, actually.

Sorry it was his Clive Churchill year he got 5 try assists for the season got them twisted

His average is 8 try assists a year. It’s very poor for a half

Last edited:
1. Gray
2. AJ
3. Wighton
4. Graham/Milne
5. Gagai
6. Trell
7. Walker
8. Koloamatangi
9. Cook
10. Moale
11. Chee-Kam/Host
12. Arrow
13. Murray
14. Mamouzelos
15. Keppie
16. Burgess
17. Duncan

In an ideal world we’d get Campbell back before the end of the season and be able to shift both Milne and Kennar out of the centres but it sounds quite possible he’ll miss the rest of the season.

I think Gray has shown enough ability at fullback that we can afford to play him there and shift Latrell to the halves where we desperately need his kicking game and playmaking.

I love what Jack brings but his passing game is just not there and he’d strengthen us better in the centres where all he has to do is run hard and tackle anything that moves.

Also think Milne could be a shout to play an edge forward role if the coaching staff continue to refuse to put Duncan there.

Whatever happens Keaon has been too good in the middle to shift back to the edges.

We really are lacking outside backs in this club. Wingers particularly. We've put it all on the hopes of kids with a very low success rate. I hope we have a "solid' signing or two there in the offseason.

1. Gray
2. AJ
3. Wighton
4. Graham/Milne
5. Gagai
6. Trell
7. Walker
8. Koloamatangi
9. Cook
10. Moale
11. Chee-Kam/Host
12. Arrow
13. Murray
14. Mamouzelos
15. Keppie
16. Burgess
17. Duncan

In an ideal world we’d get Campbell back before the end of the season and be able to shift both Milne and Kennar out of the centres but it sounds quite possible he’ll miss the rest of the season.

I think Gray has shown enough ability at fullback that we can afford to play him there and shift Latrell to the halves where we desperately need his kicking game and playmaking.

I love what Jack brings but his passing game is just not there and he’d strengthen us better in the centres where all he has to do is run hard and tackle anything that moves.

Also think Milne could be a shout to play an edge forward role if the coaching staff continue to refuse to put Duncan there.

Whatever happens Keaon has been too good in the middle to shift back to the edges.
Think Graham returning this year will depend where we end up on the ladder, if we do a Newcastle type run from last year and in contention for finals he may be used. If in a month we're no chance of finals then he gets fresh for next season.

1. Gray
2. AJ
3. Wighton
4. Graham/Milne
5. Gagai
6. Trell
7. Walker
8. Koloamatangi
9. Cook
10. Moale
11. Chee-Kam/Host
12. Arrow
13. Murray
14. Mamouzelos
15. Keppie
16. Burgess
17. Duncan

I agree with this team for the rest of this season.

This is an interesting post, and one that's really hard to do as we have not had a constant team that we can really base much of. Players have all chopped and changed and been missing games so we have no consistency to go off. What I would like to see is:-

1. Grey
2. AJ
3. Wighton
4. Mitchell
5. Gagai
6. Teaupu
7. Walker
8. Moale
9. Cook
10. Koloa
11. Arrow
12. Milne
13. Murray

14. Mamo
15. Duncan
16. Burgess
17. Keppie

I know this is not a conventional looking team, my thoughts are that if Mitchell and Wighton are outwide it's not going to stop them from kicking on the last if required, depending which side of the field they are they can come in as required. This also makes our attack look better on the edges near their line, you have Murray who can help push the ball out wide and Grey can chime in and help as well.

I actually think Teaupu played decent in his time in there and showed some good foot work and short kicking. He's possibly the weakest player in the side, which is strange to have in the halves, but I think when you have that many play makers around the field it would take some pressure off him and he wouldn't need to do as much. With the threat of Grey behind him, Mitchell to one side, and Walker to the other we might actually see him shine in attack.

I've also thrown Milne into the backrow... He's been making great yards from centre and getting some insane post contact yards at the moment as well. I've got him in there instead of Chee Kam.

Like I said, this is a bit unconventional, but I think it plugs up our issues in the back 5 pretty well, gives us some play makers all over the park, and have some impact off the bench. I don't doubt there are some people that will reply "I'm glad you're not the coach" well me too, I'm just a programmer that enjoys watching footy ;) but this is my thoughts on what could be a strong team.

I have seen teams with Chee Kam and Milne on an edge but doesnt anyone want to see Duncan get a starting run on an edge?

I have seen teams with Chee Kam and Milne on an edge but doesnt anyone want to see Duncan get a starting run on an edge?
It's an interesting dilemma.

I see Duncan as an out and out 13 (albeit small). I don't think he will be effective on an edge.

Our challenge at the moment is:

Murray: best 13 in the game but also bloody strong on an edge.
Koloa: Strong credentials as a 13 (but could also play at prop/edge)
Duncan: Probably 3rd option at lock at this stage of his development. He needs to work on his lateral movement in defence.

Therefore the rotation is probably:

Murray starts at left edge and Koloa at 13.
Duncan spells Koloa, with Murray on the edge.

Koloa is playing his best footy at lock so you just keep him there.

Murray can easily play back row and doesn't make metres when playing at lock because he's too busy being a first receiver and I ain't a fan of playing him that way.

Duncan is holding his own in the middles when he comes on.

Koloa is playing his best footy at lock so you just keep him there.

Murray can easily play back row and doesn't make metres when playing at lock because he's too busy being a first receiver and I ain't a fan of playing him that way.

Duncan is holding his own in the middles when he comes on.
Our middle weakens when we bring Tom and Duncan on.

This is a factor of age and development.

As Tom's aged his lateral movement has decreased and he struggles around the ruck.

Similarly Tallis - because he's at the start of his career - sometimes makes poor defensive reads.

He'll get better though and I've alread seen improvement in that aspect.

It's an interesting dilemma.

I see Duncan as an out and out 13 (albeit small). I don't think he will be effective on an edge.

Our challenge at the moment is:

Murray: best 13 in the game but also bloody strong on an edge.
Koloa: Strong credentials as a 13 (but could also play at prop/edge)
Duncan: Probably 3rd option at lock at this stage of his development. He needs to work on his lateral movement in defence.

Therefore the rotation is probably:

Murray starts at left edge and Koloa at 13.
Duncan spells Koloa, with Murray on the edge.
Duncan could be worth trialling there though.

We all thought Keaon was our best edge and he was moved to the middle and has thrived.
No reason it couldnt happen the other one around for Tallis, we arent going to win a premiership this year so could be a good opportunity to trial a few things - like Tallis on an edge, Gray in the halves etc

I’d be very reluctant to swap out the undefeated spine of Mitchell, Wighton, Walker and Cook.

It will come down to either Gray or Mamozelous on the bench. Can’t carry them both IMO.

The minute we become out of finals contention, we need to send Arrow off for surgery and we need to swap Cook to the bench for Mamozelous to start.

To be clear, I would love to see us keep our run going for as long as we can. Enjoying the outstanding turnaround immensely.

Duncan could be worth trialling there though.

We all thought Keaon was our best edge and he was moved to the middle and has thrived.
No reason it couldnt happen the other one around for Tallis, we arent going to win a premiership this year so could be a good opportunity to trial a few things - like Tallis on an edge, Gray in the halves etc
Yes, it’s possible.

While we have (a very improbable) shot at playing finals, we shouldn’t be changing things too much.

Tallis needs time to develop his game as well. He’s only played a dozen or so games in the NRL and his minutes have slowly built up.

Don’t rush him and expose his defence out wide. Let him learn the systems in the middle, which is relatively easier to defend and then look at things again when we are officially out of the top 8 race.

Latest posts

Back