• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

What are your plans for the summer?

VIP

Reaction score
It's been a bit quiet on here this week, so I thought I would see what everyone is getting up to for summer?

I'll be home relaxing until I head back to work in mid January!

We have kids visiting at different times. ( we have a small house).My son has his mother-in-law visiting from China and it is traditional to exchange a small gift. I am giving her a Souths scarf and badge. Something away from the tourist fluffy koala that is made in China anyway.

After hosting a big xmas day for kids and their partners and kids plus added rellies, around 14 in total, we will try and head down for a few trips to Kingscliff with a few of the grand kids to snorkel in the creek, on an incoming tide you can go in back from the mouth and drift with the current for around 300 metres , water is crystal clear and depth is up to 4.5metres deep with heaps of fish and no sharks, other than that a few days out in the boat chasing flathead and trips to the bowhunting club to practice plus a few visits to the skeet range.
View attachment 1931
View attachment 1932

Last edited:
After hosting a big xmas day for kids and their partners and kids plus added rellies, around 14 in total, we will try and head down for a few trips to Kingscliff with a few of the grand kids to snorkel in the creek, on an incoming tide you can go in back from the mouth and drift with the current for around 300 metres , water is crystal clear and depth is up to 3.5metres deep with heaps of fish and no sharks, other than that a few days out in the boat chasing flathead and trips to the bowhunting club to practice plus a few visits to the skeet range.
View attachment 1931
View attachment 1932
Sounds awesome 👍

Spending time with family. Daughter coming up from Syndey and we're all going snorkling on Moreton island. Apart from that going to the beach, rainforest hike, good food, a bit of alcohol, and avoiding the shops as much as possible.

@Bluey, been looking at good snorkling places and totally forgot Kingscliff. Great spot.

Good Christmas all. Stay safe

Trying to wear my wife’s grandsons on their IPad screaming,yelling and stamping their feet.
Cant hear the news on television,outvoted!

There is good snorkeling areas near the small boat ramp that is around 300 meters north of that pool next to the beach at Caloundra , Kings beach boat ramp i think its called, also great snorkeling at Little Duranbah beach in the Tweed river on Coral st on an incoming tide, and hot out in the boat, i just got back from taking the boat out for a fish, was ready to come home at 7 am , very hot..and yes Happy new year and stay safe..
Spending time with family. Daughter coming up from Syndey and we're all going snorkling on Moreton island. Apart from that going to the beach, rainforest hike, good food, a bit of alcohol, and avoiding the shops as much as possible.

@Bluey, been looking at good snorkling places and totally forgot Kingscliff. Great spot.

Trying to wear my wife’s grandsons on their IPad screaming,yelling and stamping their feet.
Cant hear the news on television,outvoted!

Its only bad news anyway, old mate. Best ignored and enjoy the days👐

Yeah Sutto should enjoy the war in Palestine more with all the stars on the Pride😃

The weather here in SE QLD is pretty oppressive, plan was to hit the water at 4.15am and fish for Flathead, got so hot with the glare off the water i was ready to bail at 6.30am but toughed it out till 7 for 3 fish, best 47cm, last year we never needed our aircon till mid February, this year its already got a good workout..
View attachment 1945

A tough life Andy!

Latest posts

Back