• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Wayne Bennett-a-thon in todays Tele

Watching the Cronulla / Nth Old game I'd say on a good day we could have matched it with either.
The INTENSITY of MELB and PENRITH is what set them so far above us and every other team. Instilling that intensity has to be WB's first objective.
It was a low standard game wasn't it.

The boys had better by in as they are in a for a rough pre-season as I bet the fitness work is intense. particularly the forwards. If we aren't as fit as the Penrith pack we have no chance of a title.

It's also the Wayne Bennett affect.

If another coach comes out saying the exact same things it would still be "cLuB iN cRiSiS!"....

Wayne has the runs on the board, and people listen.
Funnily enough I was thinking that exact thing this morning.

If JD had come out and said that, we would’ve all been into him for the rent.

As you say, it’s the difference between 900 odd games and 20.

The boys had better by in as they are in a for a rough pre-season as I bet the fitness work is intense. particularly the forwards. If we aren't as fit as the Penrith pack we have no chance of a title.
Last week when the Roosters made a break against Penrith and were tackled just short of their line, before the play the ball nearly every Panther was back on side to set their defensive line. Their getting back on side was like a beach flag race. That is the level of desperation and fitness we need for our defence.

Latest posts

Back