• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Tom Burgess - must keep , whose with me!!!!

Indeed n for him to worry about club footy n not playing SOO shows where he is at mentally n focused on

I wouldn’t have thought Tom would have ended up being the most capped Burgess at the Club. He’s been unreal.

In all honesty, surely we can get a few more seasons out of him? He seems healthy and the body isn’t in too bad nick?

7th in most games for Souths with 203. Likely to go past Simms 206, Coleman 208 and McCarthy 211 this year; Merritt 218 and Reynolds 231 next year. Fabulous performance and still improving.
It would be an astounding achievement if he surpasses Reynolds.

I wouldn’t have thought Tom would have ended up being the most capped Burgess at the Club. He’s been unreal.

In all honesty, surely we can get a few more seasons out of him? He seems healthy and the body isn’t in too bad nick?
The last Burgess to arrive. Not only the most capped Burgess but the most capped prop for the club. Also the most capped non Souths Junior. As long as his form and he stays injury free he will surpass Adam next year.

There is a fair bit of time between now and 2024 though. You have to be careful. As you say he does seem healthy. Hasn’t had too many injuries. But we know what can happen to the body when you age.

I would love for him to stay, but at what price? We have some really good young kids coming through. I would keep him for a further year and see how that goes.

I anticipate that is probably the Club's plan Kempy.

The only thing that could scuttle that is a retirement cheque in Redcliffe, I would suppose.

Tom is playing some of his best football this year.
No reason why he cannot continue this form for a couple of more seasons.
Great attitude and tempered play always.

Souths must make him a one club player! Sign him Souths
Don’t start me don’t start me…

I have been saying this for a while now absolutely must be extended for 2 years find a way Souths!! We can’t lose him.

A must keep but it w come down to the coin. He’ll attract some big offers I suspect. Especially the Dolphins

Latest posts

Back