• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

The Jersey

Bully

Grand Master
Reaction score
It’s time to have the discussion…

The jersey tonight looked like South Sydney. Something about it was just right, the hoops, the colours, the collar. Surely that has to be our home jersey and we go with another classic Souths jersey for our away.

I wish they had them for sale, definitely would’ve bought.
Don’t fancy paying 4k for one at auction later this week and I don’t have the physique of any of the boys so the players cut won’t quite work on me 😄

Put it to a Members vote Souths!

Catching up on all the social media stuff now and even non Souths fans are raving about it.

Awesome jersey and posted when I first saw it that I’d buy one.

Was devo that they weren’t releasing it.

I’m speaking to the club this week and will put in a request.

I would suggest we all bombard the club with demands to release a commemorative jersey.

Preferably one without sponsors but regardless I’ll buy one and I haven’t bought a jersey in years.

Awesome jersey and posted when I first saw it that I’d buy one.

Was devo that they weren’t releasing it.

I’m speaking to the club this week and will put in a request.

I would suggest we all bombard the club with demands to release a commemorative jersey.

Preferably one without sponsors but regardless I’ll buy one and I haven’t bought a jersey in years.

Also put in a request for Souths to do an old boys appreciation round. Would be great to celebrate the past players of this club. Was great celebrating Satts last night and having George Piggins on the ground.

Quite a few people are complementing the jersey. It did look great didn’t it. They may eventually sell them, but can’t see them announcing anything until they do auction them off.

Really don’t think they will have any choice with so many people wanting them. Would be crazy not to.

Quite a few people are complementing the jersey. It did look great didn’t it. They may eventually sell them, but can’t see them announcing anything until they do auction them off.

Really don’t think they will have any choice with so many people wanting them. Would be crazy not to.
What a shame we don't play in that jumper all the time, but with the full rabbit on it. So much better than the ones with side saddles on them we are accustomed to. We could use the torn Rabbit for finals and grand finals and the whole Bunny for comp games.

The one last night found a nice balance of traditional and contemporary.

I’m sure the reason we have the side panels is because its the only the NRL will allow us to wear basically the same jersey for home & away.

I’d be more than happy to ditch the panels if it meant we could wear last nights jersey as our home and sure we can find another classic jersey to wear as our away.

What a shame we don't play in that jumper all the time, but with the full rabbit on it. So much better than the ones with side saddles on them we are accustomed to. We could use the torn Rabbit for finals and grand finals and the whole Bunny for comp games.

The one last night found a nice balance of traditional and contemporary.
Yeah would love to see us play in that strip. They will get rid of the collar though. Not because of how it looks but more to do with its easy for opposition players to grab on to.

No chance they would let would let us wear the torn rabbit for finals. I’d be happy with that jersey and the full rabbit always though.

After last night, something like this would be ideal as a home strip:
home.png
Add an away which incorporates Minties and Smiths Crisps influences (with a bit more white):
away.png
And, finally, a white "clash" riffing on the Minties stripes but also with influences from our early 2000s away strips:
clash.png

I must say I much prefer the darker shades of myrtle & cardinal you see in the old pphotos.

Also noticed that both Cookie & Cody got dragged down by the collar. Something you don’t see with tne modern, neck less skintight one🤔

Back