• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Super League Finals

Bruster

Reaction score
This is how it works. Top 6 play finals football.
Teams 1 and 2 have the week 1 off

Week 1 - Elimination final
Eliminator 1 - 3rd vs 6th
Eliminator 2 - 4th vs 5th

Week 2 - Semi Finals
Semi-Final 1 - 1st vs lowest ranked winner from Eliminators

Semi-Final 2 - 2nd vs highest ranked winner from Eliminators

Week 3 Grand Final

Sat 5am. Salford v Leigh. If Mat Moylan is on for the Leopards, then Leigh. A few ex-NRL players in both teams. Watch for the Justin Olam clone, Leigh's hooker Edwin Apape.
NRL equalivent Dogs v Manly.

Sun 2am? St Helens v Warrington. Warrington should be too strong in this game and I think Sam's team is GF bound. St Helens have a couple of injuries that have slowed them down a bit also. Be good to watch how Dodd goes against the Wolves defence.
NRL equalivent Storm v Cronulla.

Website says the St Helens game is 5:30pm (UK), which would Sunday 2:30am local.

Appreciate I only need to watch the 1 game for Sam and Dodd watch.

If Warrington defeat St Helens, which I think they will, then they play Hull KR in the semi. That would be two former Rabbitohs players, Big Sammi and Willie Peters, lining up against each other as head coaches. I recall Willie Peters was on our coaching staff at some point but not sure. Could be two former assistant Rabbitohs coaches lining up then as well. Is that correct? Was Willie Peters ever our assistant coach?

If Warrington defeat St Helens, which I think they will, then they play Hull KR in the semi. That would be two former Rabbitohs players, Big Sammi and Willie Peters, lining up against each other as head coaches. I recall Willie Peters was on our coaching staff at some point but not sure. Could be two former assistant Rabbitohs coaches lining up then as well. Is that correct? Was Willie Peters ever our assistant coach?
Willie was the person who came up with the idea of rubbing the ball with soap to improve George and Tom's ball handling.

Leigh 14 Salford 6. Competitive game. 52 mins before a try was scored. Leigh advance to the Semis.

Leigh 14 Salford 6. Competitive game. 52 mins before a try was scored. Leigh advance to the Semis.
Salford were camped on Leigh's line for about 30 minutes of that first half, and only came away with a penalty goal.

Leigh nearly scored just before half time.

Didn't see the second half but it seemed obvious that Leigh would come over the top of them when they got a bit of possession.

Salford were camped on Leigh's line for about 30 minutes of that first half, and only came away with a penalty goal.

Leigh nearly scored just before half time.

Didn't see the second half but it seemed obvious that Leigh would come over the top of them when they got a bit of possession.
I thought that was a high intensity game. Leigh were a bit to strong in the 2nd half. 3 trys to one. Leigh were no where halfway through the season but I think they have one something like 9 from their last 11.

It was good to see former Rabbitoh Tom Armone who had a really good game this morning. I would have liked to see him return for 2025. Mat Moylan was good at FB and safe under the high ball. Some good takes under pressure of the kick chase. Also still has a good passing game. Edwin Apape, the Justin Olam clone, was the other player that stood out to me. In my view he is an NRL standard hooker. Can't understand why he has not been chased by any clubs.

It was good to see former Rabbitoh Tom Armone who had a really good game this morning. I would have liked to see him return for 2025. Mat Moylan was good at FB and safe under the high ball. Some good takes under pressure of the kick chase. Also still has a good passing game. Edwin Apape, the Justin Olam clone, was the other player that stood out to me. In my view he is an NRL standard hooker. Can't understand why he has not been chased by any clubs.
Geez that Apape looked good at 13 and on the right edge too. Leg speed and a nice passing game.

Latest posts

Back