• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Spine Succession Planning Takes

Luai and Galvin
Moses/Brown
Walker and Mam?

In retiring Walker theoretically I was also retiring Reynolds (with the old guard moving on comment).

I don’t rate Dylan Brown as elite but in this new landscape, yeah, the Parra combo are up there.

Thought of Luai and Galvin but given the rest of the team’s issues it felt bullish to cite them as an example in the same breath as Hughes/Munster/Storm. But yeah, it’s an attractive pair.

Post Cody is Jye Gray
That was the plan, I remember somebody from the club at the time, it may have been JD saying that they wanted a running 5/8th in the mould of Cody
I’m not saying that Jye is a certainty but when he was lured south he was one of the two best young playmakers going around in the Junior systems up there & was identified that he was a similar player
You can identify the best, give them all the tools, coaching etc & hope it turns out
Cody is not a running 5/8. Who the fk said that? Probably a JD thing to say. He is the best ball player in the comp… with a complimentary running game

I’ll be dumbfounded if they don’t get him out of this.

Is he?
We’re talking about Cody
Tell your mate
You can’t call a ball playing half a running half because he also has a good running game.

Cody’s dominant skill is ball playing, Jacks dominant (only skill) is running so Jack qualifies as a running half, Cody does not.

You can’t call a ball playing half a running half because he also has a good running game.

Cody’s dominant skill is ball playing, Jacks dominant (only skill) is running so Jack qualifies as a running half, Cody does not.

I don’t agree
He is obviously a ball playing half, that’s virtually a prerequisite, his point of difference is the way he runs the ball
Probably less now that he’s slowed up

Latest posts

Back