• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Shoulder charges now legal ?

I thought it was a great tackle and the use of a centre to come at Cody from outside is the way to stop Cody’s magic!

I said this in another thread, didn’t see this one until now….

Lol it wasn’t a shoulder charge. It was a great tackle. Folded him like a deck chair. Legally.

I thought it was just a great tackle and probably inspired his team for a while (obviously not long enough).

Cheers

Also legally took our second best player out of the game. Well done Olam.

I saw Sutto out the surf today and we both had a good laugh and chuckle about Cody…. I asked how his ribs were and he laughed…😃

Lol, this wasn't a shoulder charge.

Easily sitting in the top ten for tackle of the year at the moment, if not the front runner.

If you want to see a shoulder charge, watch Villiame Kikau. Most weeks he produces at least one or two and gets away with them.

I saw Sutto out the surf today and we both had a good laugh and chuckle about Cody…. I asked how his ribs were and he laughed…😃
That's encouraging. I feared we might see a team selected today without Cody and find he was out for a few weeks with broken ribs. Sutto wouldn't be laughing if that was the case.

I honestly can’t recall the last time anyone was charged or even copped a penalty for making a shoulder charge. The ‘late’ wrapping the arms technique has obviously been perfected.
As I said in the initial post we may as well make them legal except for when the contact is to the head.
I'm sorry mate but you are 100% wrong on this.

Olam's tackle was one of the best executed tackles you'll ever see.

Firstly he tackled Cody front on, leading with his shoulder and then his arms wrapped around it.

It was superb.

And Cody did well to play out the game...if it was me, they'd be stretchering me off, straight to hospital.

But it wasn't a shoulder charge, under any definition.

I didn’t think Olams tackle was a shoulder charge but there was certainly one put on our boys, during the game, but I can’t quite recall the circumstances

Where was the swell this morning? Hard to get out during the week so I don’t pay attention to forecasts until Thursday 😂

Where was the swell this morning? Hard to get out during the week so I don’t pay attention to forecasts until Thursday 😂
You don’t want to know but the bra was cooking today and yesterday……embrace working from home…..the pic is from north end bra yesterday

Attachments

• 62B30086-505C-49AC-B447-06637C7747E2.jpeg
    62B30086-505C-49AC-B447-06637C7747E2.jpeg
    368.8 KB · Views: 6
That’s good news about Sutton’s ribs!😛

A few Souths players seem to be having a chuckle about the tackle - Cody got crunched good and proper. But at least he's okay.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back