• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 9: Rabbitohs v Panthers

Those stats are compelling.
Noticed Captain Goof in a separate box to the coach last night.
Quarantine?😝

Our injury curse is so bad we lose a player just kicking the ball off. You can’t make this up.
Is it a curse or poor preparation and training techniques?

I get you can’t help breaks and sprains like occurred with Gray, but we do seem to be getting a high level of strains as well

Going by Hornby when asked about Trell, sounded like there was intention to move him from fullback.

But compare Edwards tonight as a fullback and compare Trell as a fullback and tell me which style of fullback you prefer?
Right now it’s not about what style of fullback we prefer, we don’t have Edward’s

It’s about who’s the best one we have available and rounding out the team and that’s Trell

Yes I’d love to have Edward’s or Walsh put we don’t

I’d also just be as happy with 2021 Trell. If Wayne comes and gets Trell back to that type of form it makes us a premiership threat again

And Campbell and Wighton remain one of the best centre pairings in the NRL so fullback remains the position we need to ensure a marquee remains in

Are we the only team in history that has played 3 hookers at the same time in the one game?
To be fair though, it was a case of necessity for Cook to go to FB, that's where he played all his football before Canterbury moved him to hooker. with all the injuries we had. Havili can fit in anywhere in the forward pack and does equally as well in any position.

So we're resigned to Cody and Jack as our halves going forward? Don't mind Jack getting closer in and getting his hands on the ball more. Without Lattrel the last few weeks he seems to be the only one that can break tackles and get a decent offload away. We just need someone to be there when he does! Not ideal but holy heck I can't remember such an extensive injury list! Every season you say to yourself, surely injuries won't cost us like season? Nekminit..........

So we're resigned to Cody and Jack as our halves going forward? Don't mind Jack getting closer in and getting his hands on the ball more. Without Lattrel the last few weeks he seems to be the only one that can break tackles and get a decent offload away. We just need someone to be there when he does! Not ideal but holy heck I can't remember such an extensive injury list! Every season you say to yourself, surely injuries won't cost us like season? Nekminit..........
I think you have to give Dion a crack in order to keep our 1-5 as legit as possible. Dion has been in the NRL system for 2-3 years now, played a season and a half of Cup and been successful.

Don’t want to break the kid but he is where he is for a reason, may as well give him a go and run:

Latrell
Thompson
Tass
Wighton
AJ
Dion
Walker

I think you have to give Dion a crack in order to keep our 1-5 as legit as possible. Dion has been in the NRL system for 2-3 years now, played a season and a half of Cup and been successful.

Don’t want to break the kid but he is where he is for a reason, may as well give him a go and run:

Latrell
Thompson
Tass
Wighton
AJ
Dion
Walker
I'm always happy to see new blood and see what they can bring. The way we're going with injuries he'll be playing sooner or later!

On the fitness thing - I don’t think it’s physical - but psychological fitness- I think we are probably as match and baseline fit as most NRL players got their position - but the psychology of fitness is what unlocks the body when fatigued. They expect to be outplayed and when it happens they have this whole extra thought process to get their bodies responding.

When you look at the lead up and follow up on Mays try / we were attacking had a good set and not a bad kick so we were all up pressing for trapping them in goal and the last bounce of the ball rolls against us - we are thinking about what we need to do next, not what Penrith will do and ouch spank those sweet bare cheeks boys….
We then follow up with some really strong defense - good contact no offloads I think we forced an error - good defense but no ability to capitalise on it - because we are only thinking about not getting shamed like that again. I have said it’s my greatest frustration with our team - we cannot transition between D and O and inevitably we let teams be sack into the game or to get away on us.

Not sure about tactical input but he might be a good sounding board to Ben and Dave for the remainder of this season on team dynamics.
I thought I saw him there, but didn't pay that much attention as to whether it was him or not.

Latrell
Thompson
Tass
Wighton
AJ
Dion
Walker
Don’t think AJ will be available v Steelers. From what I’ve been told he’ll be right for the week after next.

Latest posts

Back