• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 9: Rabbitohs v Panthers

To top it off we have an ageing roster that has not been addressed
Walker and Wighton thought they had Cobbo and Coates outside them last night rather than Thompson with the ultimate results.

The club has made errors in retention and recruitment, add in injuries along with attitude and the club is in a massive hole created by the former coach and allowed by club management.

If Bennett turns up he'll help fix some of the issues but many within staff and the playing group are taking money under false pretenses, totally disrespectful to the club and fans and there has to be a clean out and an attitude adjustment to those that remain.

I'm with bundy on the fitness thing. We don't actually know unless we are privy to the testing. We do appear to the eye unfit, and those stats yobbo presented showing a drop off in the second half of each half are damning. With stats though you need to look at other possibilities as well. For instance, if we are making more mistakes, it results in less possession and more work which takes a toll, therefore making us look more unfit than we are.

The other issue though is perhaps our standards of fitness are too low compared to other clubs. Who knows?

Conspiracy theory no.1 million etc.
Souths clearly are trying to get out of a hole!
Sin bin Tjago hip drop.Puts Gray out of game for weeks
Sin bin Arrow ball strip. ?
Penalty count 12 -5 at one stage.
Souths were using similiar wrestling tactics to Penrith and getting penalised.
Six meter forward pass unseen by three officials all being paid good dough!
Did pretend commentators notice wonderful forward pass?
Are they putting the boot into Souths?

Strangely with that scoreline I thought we played quite well against a really strong opposition.

Missing star players, more injuries in the game, having players out of position - gees I don't know how much this club can take and that’s all before losing our head coach a couple of days before the game.

I think we have a greater group of walking wounded versus available to play.
Agree - we were in it for 60 mins. I thought the turning point was we regathered a bomb and looked likely to score and didn’t. The next set they did similar with a pretty flukey ragather to score.

I'm with bundy on the fitness thing. We don't actually know unless we are privy to the testing. We do appear to the eye unfit, and those stats yobbo presented showing a drop off in the second half of each half are damning. With stats though you need to look at other possibilities as well. For instance, if we are making more mistakes, it results in less possession and more work which takes a toll, therefore making us look more unfit than we are.

The other issue though is perhaps our standards of fitness are too low compared to other clubs. Who knows?

I just updated Yobbo's stats including last nights game.

Have a look for yourself and you tell me why we fall apart at the back end of each 20 mins of the first and second half but perform strong in the opening 20 mins of each half

Have a read

Attachments

• IMG_9954.png
    IMG_9954.png
    205.2 KB · Views: 21
Wighton could not straighten out attack and was too keen on the cut out to Thompson. But we're probably looking at wighton/Walker as our halves for how ever long Hawkins is out
Spot on

Jacks a runner, his ball playing at the raiders was bog average. Often error riddled.
Hes a wonderful attacking centre.

I just updated Yobbo's stats including last nights game.

Have a look for yourself and you tell me why we fall apart at the back end of each 20 mins of the first and second half but perform strong in the opening 20 mins of each half

Have a read
Sure, I love stats but please read my previous post carefully. I am just saying that there could be other explanations. Of course it may be that we are just unfit, but that is something that can be tested, as bundy pointed out.

Agree - we were in it for 60 mins. I thought the turning point was we regathered a bomb and looked likely to score and didn’t. The next set they did similar with a pretty flukey ragather to score.
I thought we were going to score from that. Unfortunately the pass went to Mamouzelos who had players ready to tackle him. If we went wider (to Havili I believe) then we score.

I just remember thinking to myself that is the story of the night. We do something and go close. They do the same thing and score.

Sure, I love stats but please read my previous post carefully. I am just saying that there could be other explanations. Of course it may be that we are just unfit, but that is something that can be tested, as bundy pointed out.

There is more to it than just fitness issues but it's playing a big part of our troubles.

The other was coaching and improving players performances.

Things aren't going to change over night once JD got punted but we showed good signs in that game imo

If it weren't for losing our fullback and half back, I don't think we leak in as many points as we did tonight and put more of a fight up.

The set where the Panthers kept us in our 15 metre zone on our line said it all, don't think Cook was dummy half for any tackle except the last where he jumps in then looks behind him as the ball goes through his legs before he frantically picks it up and puts in a desperate dud kick.

The try where the Panthers winger flicked it back inside just before going out Cook was there again doing his Cooky cuddle without wrapping the ball up, just no footy smarts despite being a rep player.

We just don't get enough value out of Cook for the salary he is pulling, can't think of any player that improved under JD but plenty got worse. It all seemed to go downhill after Walker and Keon played the third SOO last year in a dead rubber.

We did some stupid things.

Arrow stripping the ball, just dumb.

Why did Burgess try and strip a ball as well?

It's not worth the risk with so many cameras these days

We did some stupid things.

Arrow stripping the ball, just dumb.

Why did Burgess try and strip a ball as well?

It's not worth the risk with so many cameras these days
Our ball handling improved, can't remember too many where we dropped it cold only Cody and Wighton putting a couple over the sideline.

Certainly sign of improvement, loss of Gray and Hawkins meant we were never going to win the game.

See what happens to the Panther's player for the hip drop, Gray should go to 7 when he returns.

Back