• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 9: Rabbitohs v Panthers

Not sure i was a fan wighton and walker as our halves pair.

Gray and Hawkins injuries throw a massive spanner in the works
I mean you could give Dion a crack at it - not sure how well itd go but I guess it means you keep at least one strong centre in Wighton. Dion does play left mostly though but what do we have to lose right now..

Wighton could not straighten out attack and was too keen on the cut out to Thompson. But we're probably looking at wighton/Walker as our halves for how ever long Hawkins is out

If they are a halves pair, it's clear Wighton should be the 7 and Cody the 6.

Jack is way more versatile and as soon as you take Cody away from what he does best he's ineffective.

“I think the ball went dead,” Hornby said.

“The boys are trying to get back as quickly as they can. We’ve done a lot of work by then so fatigue is going to get you at some stage.

Who the hell was trying to get back as quickly as they could??

This was our backline for the second half

1. Cook
2. Thompson
3. Murray
4. Chee Kam
5. Tass
6. Wighton
7. Walker

This is a backline of players unavailable for that second half.

1. Mitchell
2. Johnston
3. Milne/Gagai
4. Graham
5. Munro
6. Gray
7. Ilias

That there is some sad reading.

This was our backline for the second half

1. Cook
2. Thompson
3. Murray
4. Chee Kam
5. Tass
6. Wighton
7. Walker

This is a backline of players unavailable for that second half.

1. Mitchell
2. Johnston
3. Milne/Gagai
4. Graham
5. Munro
6. Gray
7. Ilias

That there is some sad reading.
Not to mention Hawkins, Tatola, Shaq, Lovett, Fletcher, Mellars, etc

All our backs and all their backups were gone.

Our injury curse is so bad we lose a player just kicking the ball off. You can’t make this up.
Did he have a pre existing concern? With the compression skin on seemed likely

They didn’t give up we only had 40percent possession and it was 12 all for 50mins if you take out the try off the 3 metre forward pass. Ran out of legs and had a backline of Cook Tass Chee Kam Murray Thompson second half. That’s what happens with 16 of your top 34 out that’s half the squad.

Got photos with Cam and Jai they thanked everyone for coming they really appreciate it and stick with us we will work hard to get out of this. The security guard was actually not a Souths fan but felt bad for Cam and said how great a player he is.

I haven’t complained too much last 6 weeks about reffing but tonight was a joke but that’s what happens when down the bottom you don’t get the calls! Tonight it didn’t go our way.

I mean you could give Dion a crack at it - not sure how well itd go but I guess it means you keep at least one strong centre in Wighton. Dion does play left mostly though but what do we have to lose right now..

Cody plays his best on the left hand side.

We need someone who can play on the right side, I don't think Cody is as effective on the right

They would have played themselves into fitness by now. We just don't care.
It looks more like laziness than fitness to me. It's definitely a team trying to get out of a mental rut that looked to be coming together until injuries tore us apart. We were in that game up to our necks until we had to change our entire team around. We had Cook at fullback and Cam in the centres among other team reshuffling for periods of that game against a team that is on fire and everyone on here wants to blame fitness. I'm not buying it. We lost that game because of stupidity, injuries and laziness ,in that order. Nothing to do with fitness.

Last edited:
I tried to listen to the press conference, but once 'Cam Umm Cam' starts talking I just can't take it. How does noone help him? How can our management be that unprofessional? I will help sort him out for free if they want

Latest posts

Back