• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 9: Rabbitohs v Panthers

You have to also take the Gray and Hawkins injuries into account.

Cookie, Murray and Walker playing out of position really hurt us. We’re down on troops enough as is.
Agree , nothing is or has gone right at all this year

First 50mins I was happy considering it was a 12-5 count against us and only one side was being reffed last 30mins ran out of legs

Honest question for those who know the rules better. Gray copped an injury from a sin binned offence, so why couldn't we bring in our 18th man? Is it because he played on? Do you have to go off immediately for that to take effect?

Murray just looks so deflated and defeated, this is going down as his worst year in grade. Feel sorry for the poor guy he tries his guts out but is just making stupid errors and dumb penalties. He definitely isn’t a threat anymore
Needs to be on an edge and our version of Liam Martin

I also think Cody or Jack need to be named as a co-captain.

For a private school boy he’s not a great public speaker. Someone needs to tell him to pause instead of umming. It sounds terrible in press conferences

Until we ran out of puff

We aren’t fit enough to do it for 80. If only Vlandys would introduce 20 minute quarters to appeal to the American market we might be a chance
Sure - It’s not going to turn around in 7 days but I thought it was a step in the right direction.

I thought we were hitting a lot more aggressively in defence tonight but our errors just kept negating any good work we did. You can't continually give good teams constant leg ups!

Just an aside, we lost Jai for repeated ruck infringements and yet they had 4 in a row in the second half. Three when we were attacking their line and then one a few minuets later and of course nothing from Gee.

Last edited:
I thought we were hitting a lot more aggressively in defence tonight but our errors just kept negating any good work we did. You can't continually give good teams constant leg ups!

Just an aside, we lost Jye for repeated ruck infringements and yet they had 4 in a row in the second half. Three when we were attacking their line and then one a few minuets later and of course nothing from Gee.
I've never seen a ref more eager to even up a sin bin.

Honest question for those who know the rules better. Gray copped an injury from a sin binned offence, so why couldn't we bring in our 18th man? Is it because he played on? Do you have to go off immediately for that to take effect?
An 18th player will only be able to take the field when three players fail a head injury assessment or when a player suffers a match-ending injury caused by foul play, in which the opposing player was either sin-binned or sent off.

An 18th player will only be able to take the field when three players fail a head injury assessment or when a player suffers a match-ending injury caused by foul play, in which the opposing player was either sin-binned or sent off.
In hindsight Gray should have come off. He was a passenger out there. Watch the prick who crippled him get a fine or 1 week at worst!

So because he played on for 20 mins (severely hampered) we can't activate our 18th man? 🤬🤬🤬

Didn't concede a point until the 18th minute in the first half

Didn't concede a point until the 60th minute in second half

Conceded 42 points

Our high performance manager looks like he'd fall over in a stiff breeze

We need to sack the entire performance staff, to a man and woman, and start again
Hopefully Wayne brings Jeremy Hickmans. Alternatively lets bring back Mr Markers In The Gym - Jarrod Wade.

Strangely with that scoreline I thought we played quite well against a really strong opposition.

Missing star players, more injuries in the game, having players out of position - gees I don't know how much this club can take and that’s all before losing our head coach a couple of days before the game.

I think we have a greater group of walking wounded versus available to play.

Latest posts

Back