• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 9: Rabbitohs v Panthers

It’s a dated notion.

‘We need to bend the line’. Does my head in.

I’ll take a smaller guy using footwork to find their front and get a quick play the ball over 3 runs a game that look spectacular from a big man who is a liability in slowing the ruck or at marker cause he’s gassed.
Exactly said it plenty of times

The Penrith pack aren’t that big

They just hit the ball with speed, have leg drive, a proper running technique and find their front along with being elite fit

Host is bigger than JFH, Moale bigger than Leota and Lenui previously

Our problem is coaching and the formation of our pack, it’s out of balance

They just hit the ball with speed, have leg drive, a proper running technique and find their front along with being elite fit

It also helps their forwards can bludge around the 40m line for the first three tackles of every set knowing Edwards, To'o and whoever else will ruck them out of trouble every time

Of course they can, doesn’t change the facts that it’s been a horror draw and I’d suggest, baring a couple of teams, that draw would have many flailing
We had many games like this under Wayne and we had no problems winning.
No use sugar coating any losses. We are a top 4 club.

Penrith have lost 21 players since 2020. Still premiers 3 times over, 4 times Grand Finalists. No excuses from them, just roll up your sleeves with a dose of reality!!

Fitness is still no.1 for mine.

You can mask flaws with top fitness and attention to 1 percenters.
Spot on yobbo. They are not fit.
There has never been a game plan. Hit it up and kick. So predictable and boring. No one dropped except some fringe players. Very disappointing and doesn’t build accountability or competitive team culture.
Wayne will change that - O’Sullivan, whom I rate, dropped Round 2.

Wighton has been the only spark in our backline.

We have a greater need for him at centre than in the halves.

Our 2-5 is going to be terrible this week
We need the ball in Jacky’s hands. That’s not going to happen in the centres unless Trell plays 5/8.

So far Jacky has had to play like a back rower and go looking for the ball. Same previously for Graham and Dane Gagai.

Last edited:
We need the ball in Jacky’s hands. That’s not going to happen in the centres unless Trell plays 5/8.

Seriously? Attack is not our issue. Have you not seen our defense and error rates?
Besides, I’d imagine Jacks numbers in regards to handling the ball and finding space are very high. It’s the reason most of us have been giving him max points each week.

Id suggest he runs over 150m a game and add to that how suddenly AJ was finding himself in space as well. He’d probably handle the ball upwards of 20 times a game.
someone with access to stats could given us a better idea. Regardless of stats, as I said, he’s been a constant threat since his debut

Yeah but the problem we have is we have gone with smaller guys who really don't have incredible footwork or leg drive and our big guys, Tom aside, don't even do the big man stuff well.

Plus re the Panfers, you always have to take into account how good their back 3 and kicking game is, they typically don't have to grind out meters from their own red zone, they get on the front foot and have energy to punish in defence.

We are not setup at all to replicate that.

1- Jye Gray

4- Isaiah Tass

3- Jack Wighton

11- Michael Chee Kam

5- Izaac Tu’itupou Thompson

6- Cody Walker

7- Dean Hawkins

17- Jai Arrow

9- Damien Cook

10- Davvy Moale

8- Keaon Koloamatangi

12- Jacob Host