• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 9: Rabbitohs v Panthers

Seriously, I'm so over the whole "JD is ****ed for not picking Duncan" ad nauseam, here and on IG.

Supporters who have creamed themselves because a defensive nuffy in Klye Flanagan took a show, and it resulted in 1 long-range of the field try in a debut game.

Look at your forward pack, mate! Now compare it to Brisbane, and Penrith, and Melbourne, Cronulla. Murray, Duncan, & Mamo on the field at the same time get ragdolled by those teams, then you have another small and stature bloke on the bench to relieve them in Havili, and then Moale who lacks any impact. Apart from Murray for obvious reasons, none of those forwards get picked in any top team's forward pack. Bellamy would laugh at the size of them to be honest. He would go nowhere near Duncan as an edge or middle if you have Murray in your team.

Duncan's defensive lapses are due to his size. Souths very poor middle third defence v Melbourne was due to their size in comparison to Storm. You can see the long term physical impact its having on Murray. But hey, let's add another guy of similar stature in there, + Mamo. Fisher-Harris and co. will have paralysis by analysis just trying to select which speed bump to run over.

Check out Souths' previous dominant packs over the past decade, and check out your starting pack above. Laughable.

Club and supporters think it can win with midgets.

Correct in absolutely everything you wrote

At the end of the day we are 4 points, 2 winds, out of the 8! We have played all the better side so far, and without a lot of our better players.

Hornby should be able to get this team to at least win a few games so we finishes mid table by the end of the year.

Exactly , we’ve played 7 of the top 8 sides with a decimated roster

Seriously, I'm so over the whole "JD is ****ed for not picking Duncan" ad nauseam, here and on IG.

Supporters who have creamed themselves because a defensive nuffy in Klye Flanagan took a show, and it resulted in 1 long-range of the field try in a debut game.

Look at your forward pack, mate! Now compare it to Brisbane, and Penrith, and Melbourne, Cronulla. Murray, Duncan, & Mamo on the field at the same time get ragdolled by those teams, then you have another small and stature bloke on the bench to relieve them in Havili, and then Moale who lacks any impact. Apart from Murray for obvious reasons, none of those forwards get picked in any top team's forward pack. Bellamy would laugh at the size of them to be honest. He would go nowhere near Duncan as an edge or middle if you have Murray in your team.

Duncan's defensive lapses are due to his size. Souths very poor middle third defence v Melbourne was due to their size in comparison to Storm. You can see the long term physical impact its having on Murray. But hey, let's add another guy of similar stature in there, + Mamo. Fisher-Harris and co. will have paralysis by analysis just trying to select which speed bump to run over.

Check out Souths' previous dominant packs over the past decade, and check out your starting pack above. Laughable.

Club and supporters think it can win with midgets.
I'd love to know when Duncan's 186cm (6' 1") became a "midget".

He's taller than Lilam Martin (183cm).

He's taller or the same size as literally the entire Sharks backrow - Briton Nikora (185cm), Teig Wilton (186cm), Cameron McInnes (177cm).

He is our 2nd best defensive forward after Jai Arrow, statistically (as in, you know, the people who actually watch every single play in slow-motion over several hours) with a 91% effective tackle percentage.

He has missed less tackles in all of 2024 than Tom Burgess did just last week.

Nah, you're right. Size matters most. Let's stick with Jacob Host and Michael Chee Kam. That'll do it.

I'd love to know when Duncan's 186cm (6' 1") became a "midget".

He's taller than Lilam Martin (183cm).

He's taller or the same size as literally the entire Sharks backrow - Briton Nikora (185cm), Teig Wilton (186cm), Cameron McInnes (177cm).

He is our 2nd best defensive forward after Jai Arrow, statistically (as in, you know, the people who actually watch every single play in slow-motion over several hours) with a 91% effective tackle percentage.

He has missed less tackles in all of 2024 than Tom Burgess did just last week.

Nah, you're right. Size matters most. Let's stick with Jacob Host and Michael Chee Kam. That'll do it.

Their entire thought process is "big guy better!" even though our lateral agility in the ruck is the worst I've ever seen.

They are not serious people. Ignore.

Their entire thought process is "big guy better!" even though our lateral agility in the ruck is the worst I've ever seen.

They are not serious people. Ignore.
It’s a dated notion.

‘We need to bend the line’. Does my head in.

I’ll take a smaller guy using footwork to find their front and get a quick play the ball over 3 runs a game that look spectacular from a big man who is a liability in slowing the ruck or at marker cause he’s gassed.

Interesting to see the captain's run photos, all in regular training gear, not the usual captain's run shirts... holding their cards close to chest for any positional changes? Or just me reading too much into it...

Interesting to see the captain's run photos, all in regular training gear, not the usual captain's run shirts... holding their cards close to chest for any positional changes? Or just me reading too much into it...
JD might have taken them home with him to wash last night

They have been doing that all year for some reason. Captains Run shirts worn the day/session before captains run and just regular training shirts on the day.

For what it’s worth, 9 of the guys who beat the Panthers last year are in the side this week. Plus Gray, Gagai, Wighton, Thompson, Hawkins, Kolo, Mamouzelos and Havili.

Latest posts

Back