• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Round 8: Other Matches

That Panthers defensive effort you’d think would tire them going into our game. Let’s see.

How many times have we seen Penrith score a try just (and I mean just) before halftime. Amazing
I think I mentioned this before on another thread. They must be coached to go hard in that last set. They know teams are fatigued and ready for the shed. Brilliant strategy from Cleary if so.

Weak sauce defence by cowboys.

They had all the ball and struggled to score, penriffs D too good.

Pay attention to how penriff handle the ruck.

They have one player stay on the tackled player, the second tackler quickly gets back on his feet and gets into second marker then the lead tackle jumps to front marker.

You will see it for pretty much every tackle for the entire game, it's rare when it doesn't happen.

What we need to do so we stop getting carved up through the middle

Just to add to this, they do push the envelope when doing this, they aren't afraid to give a 6 again or penalty because they back their defence and normally most refs let them get away with lot but tonight casey badger pinged them for holding down for too long a few times tonight which was good to see, made penriff fans cry on social media that they get picked on by refs whenever they're in a close game.

I think I mentioned this before on another thread. They must be coached to go hard in that last set. They know teams are fatigued and ready for the shed. Brilliant strategy from Cleary if so.
They are very impressive and their defence is just superb. Hope our effort against them is very good.

Seriously? Souths fans have been blaming the ref since 1908. It’s fundamental to the rugby league pantomime.
Every teams fan base blames the ref. It always will happen. Yet between the Tigers and the Dogs fans I don’t know who the worst is.
That Panthers defensive effort you’d think would tire them going into our game. Let’s see.
We could have played them straight after their game last night and not sure they would have tired from us. 😜

Looking at the crowd in this game you have to ask yourself why wasn’t this game played at Redcliffe instead of our game?

Knights hold on to beat the Dolphins 18-14. Dolphins 2 late tries but missed both conversions.

I see Jed lasted just 6 mins in his first game this year.

Hey Siri show me the textbook definition of a soft try

Sharks are the new Souths and Hynes the new Cody Walker

I miss being flat track bullies

Back