• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 25: Rabbitohs vs Knights

Tom played 14 minutes and missed 7 tackles.

I assume his stint was short because he was, well, crap.
Unfortunately this is the way the game has gone for Tom. No issues at all with attack. But the struggles he now has defensively.

What sucks for Tom is if he gets through this week and plays against the Roosters he will be stranded on 249 games for us. George was stranded on 149 games for us.

One thing that continues to perplex me is our defensive structure

During our short run of wins it was evident that we went away from up and in to a hold and slide defensive pattern

During this period Kenner, Milne and Jack all held, then pushed off and slid. We looked better defensively and it showed on the score board

The last few weeks we have returned to not communicating and every man and his dog is rushing out of the line.

So I guess what I’m asking why have we returned to this shit? Is it another coaching decision or are our players not capable of keeping it together for more than a few weeks at a time?

One thing that continues to perplex me is our defensive structure

During our short run of wins it was evident that we went away from up and in to a hold and slide defensive pattern

During this period Kenner, Milne and Jack all held, then pushed off and slid. We looked better defensively and it showed on the score board

The last few weeks we have returned to not communicating and every man and his dog is rushing out of the line.

So I guess what I’m asking why have we returned to this shit? Is it another coaching decision or are our players not capable of keeping it together for more than a few weeks at a time?
I wouldn't underplay Trell's communication at the back

Trell organised the D line well.

As to Brown’s question, I hope it’s the later and just not enough key troops out wide to get it done well.

The competition got real weak through that run of wins too.

It’s easier to defend when the opposition doesn’t throw much at you.

If we played Para, Tigers, Titans every week we’d probably look better in defence.

Ditto Broncos with Sailor not being able to catch a ball and Manly with an outs list that looks like ours.

In context, the mid season form swing was just a weak section of the draw. And we happened to have a couple less troops injured.

Once you lose Trell, Arrow and Johnston on top of the rest, too hard. Especially having to play teams that are actually mid table or better.

Latest posts

Back