• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Round 25: Other Matches

bigbopper

Immortal Member
Reaction score
The full draw for round 25 is:

Eels vs Storm Thursday 7.50pm

Bulldogs vs Eagles Friday 6.00pm

Roosters vs Rabbits Friday 7.55pm

Warriors vs Titans Saturday 3.00pm

Dragons vs Broncos Saturday 5.30pm

Cowboys vs Panthers Saturday 7.35pm

Knights vs Sharks Sunday 2.00pm

Tigers vs Raiders Sunday 4.05pm

Please put all team news, scores and discussion here.

Cheers

This is a nice round to watch. It starts on Thursday night where I hope the Storm can get over the Eels - and if it goes the other way the Storm are out of the top four (a nice change). We have a blockbuster even if both sides rest players. Then the Titans will try to ensure that they can't get the wooden spoon but if they lose then the door is ajar for Wests. The Broncos must win to keep their faint hopes alive. The Cowboys-Panthers game should be a cracker but both sides might rest players. The round ends with the Raiders having what should be a procession into the top eight against an injury riddled Wests (who even when they play well they invent a way to lose). The Tigers might have a last shot at avoiding the spoon and they will be at Leichhardt. I give them little hope but who knows.

For us there are so many possibilities as to who'll we play.

Cheers

I guess I'll be watching the Thursday night game as intently as I watch a Souths game. Going to be a good couple of weeks of footy coming up!

Now I can go back to just enjoying games.

Funny last few weeks I have been wanting the Raiders to lose just so we can ensure our spot. It was frustrating seeing them go so close to lose a couple of times only to get up.

I couldn’t enjoy those games. Now it’s a case of sitting back and enjoying again. I expect Brisbane to win this week. Carrigan is back I think. Dragons should trouble them a bit but think the Broncos will get the job done in the end.

It will be all for nothing though. Raiders will get the job done against the Tigers. It wouldn’t surprise me though if the Raiders did make hard work of it.

For us all eyes will be on Thursday night. That result is the most important of all other games.

The Broncos need to beat the Drag-ons by 40 and hope the Tigpies can upset the Raiders to make the 8.

No chance, I honestly thought the Broncos would make the top 4 not just the 8, now they won't be playing any finals football - again. 3rd year in a row and their last finals appearance was way back in 2019 when they lost 58 Nil to Parramatta in the first week.

The Broncos need to beat the Drag-ons by 40 and hope the Tigpies can upset the Raiders to make the 8.

No chance, I honestly thought the Broncos would make the top 4 not just the 8, now they won't be playing any finals football - again. 3rd year in a row and their last finals appearance was way back in 2019 when they lost 58 Nil to Parramatta in the first week.
Getting the spoon or being down there just shows how difficult, not impossible I guess, it is to climb up the ladder and into the top 8.

Kevvie and Ben will be kicking stones for at least a few days as they drown their sorrows.

The Tigers are going to need something special to rise again.

If the Raiders lose, then the Broncos just need to draw or win by 1 point.

If the Raiders win, then the Broncos need to win by 44 points MORE than the Raiders win by.

Forget about equations for how much the Broncos need to win by. Simply it’s too big a gap for one game. The Broncos need to win and hope the Raiders lose.

If the Raiders lose, then the Broncos just need to draw or win by 1 point.

If the Raiders win, then the Broncos need to win by 44 points MORE than the Raiders win by.
Gotcha!

The full draw for round 25 is:

Eels vs Storm Thursday 7.50pm

Bulldogs vs Eagles Friday 6.00pm

Roosters vs Rabbits Friday 7.55pm

Warriors vs Titans Saturday 3.00pm

Dragons vs Broncos Saturday 5.30pm

Cowboys vs Panthers Saturday 7.35pm

Knights vs Sharks Sunday 2.00pm

Tigers vs Raiders Sunday 4.05pm

Please put all team news, scores and discussion here.

Cheers
Storm to thump the Eels.

Us to beat the Goosters

And don’t care who we play in the first week. If we can’t beat either the Shonks or the Raiders then we don’t deserve a shot.

I mean the Broncs got shellacked by a sputtering Eels and the Raiders did everything they could to try and lose to whoever they played…can’t remember now.

It will be great viewing on Thursday night - I'm really looking forward to it. How many times will big Nelson get charged? Anyway I will be a temporary Storm fan - I still want us to have shot at 5th. In that vein I'll be going for the Broncos to win (or draw) just to give Ricky something to worry about - he'll have to pick his best team.

Cheers

Penrith have named their NSW Cup side (or almost all of it) - they have both lower grades playing on the weekend so that will stuff those sides around. So another forfeit - the Cowboys could run up a lot of points.

Cronulla have named a full squad to make sure they get a home final.

At least I don't have to watch Raider games hoping they'd lose against weak sides (which they almost did twice).

Cheers

So it's Storm to win with Big Nelson suspended, the broncos to win just to make Ricky's life unpleasant and force the Raiders to got at full bore.

Cheers

Although we will still watch with some interest the Storm Eels game. Imagine had we beaten the Panthers the previous week? We would have all been cheering the Eels on.

Back