• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 24: Rabbitohs vs Dragons

Callmack1

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank God it's Monday which means a fresh week and a fresh game to look forward to. We need to take our learnings from the Sharks game of course, but drop it otherwise, lick our wounds, get back into the swing of things and get ready to go again this weekend as we have another monster clash coming up. We face the Dragons on Saturday afternoon at Barlow Park in Cairns. I believe this is the first time we've played there since 2018, I think? Anyways, this game shouldn't really be a monster clash but with our current predicament, it is. An absolutely massive game that is now critical to our Finals hopes. You don't need me to tell you it's a must win. We're getting to the point now where any dropped game is huge, and we cannot afford to drop this one. The pressure really is on.

I don't think this will be an easy win either. yea, St George Illawarra are still struggling, however, I have noticed a lift in their intensity lately. They're all playing for pride, all playing for contracts, and all playing to impress the new coach for next year. We can't underestimate how important that is for them. So, I do not think this will be an easy win, we're going to have to work for it.

But you know what? It might be one of the biggest cliche's in Rugby League, but this week really isn't about the Dragons at all. This week is all about focusing on us and our own performance. As I said, that's a massive cliche' but it is so true this week. St George will bring what they bring, but we have control over what we bring to the game, and we need to be so much better. Honestly, we've been terrible lately. Diabolical, awful, putrid, whatever you want to say, and we all know it. It's getting to the point where our Season is slipping away very, very quickly. We shouldn't even be in this position, but we are with three wins out of our last nine games. Shocking. I say enough is enough. I'm sick of it, absolutely sick of it. This game is a real line in the sand moment and the boys have to decide where they go from here. Our destiny is all up to us, but do they want it bad enough?

We have to see that want this weekend; we really do. This losing run is all because of our shitty attitude and that MUST change this weekend. Get yourselves up for the game, turn up switched on, fired up and ready to go. There's no excuse not to this time, our Season is genuinely on the line. If we get our attitude right, and I've been saying this a lot because it's been the case all year, we win, simples. It really is that simple, but the lads haven't been able to do it lately. Well, enough is enough, sort it out this weekend. I'm not even going to go into how we beat the Dragons yet or how we actual break them down, that can come later in the week. Right now, we need an attitude adjustment first and foremost. This is a game we really should be winning but we won't if the players don't get it right between their ears. It's crucial.

As I have said, this will be more of a challenge than some think and it's made even harder by some fresh injury and suspension woes. We're probably going to be missing Jai and Tommy B on top of already missing Junior and Hame. So, if the forwards ever needed to step up, the time is now. I'm also sick of seeing our senior players sit back and be passengers. This is your week boys, own it.

All is not lost yet. It's getting close to it, we're on life support, but a win this weekend and things start to look a wee bit better. It's so crucial. There has to be some sort of response this week surely, there has to be.

Big game, big day, big week. A big line in the sand week. Let's go win it.

Glory, Glory.

Fear and trepidation describe how I am feeling. We have injuries and suspensions ruining our forward pack and our two big guns in the backline aren't firing. In two games since his return Latrell has no tries and one try assist. We need a lot more on Saturday. I know it's not his fault but I hope I don't see another "The most famous rabbit since Bugs Bunny". I don't want to see passes into touch, an abysmal line dropout, etc. We need three huge games to get us into the finals. And Cody seems to have lost his SOO form.

JD's plodding opening style - "getting into the grind" he calls it, only invites the Dragons to take an early lead.

I hope the team focuses on football and not everything else.

Cheers

Even cricket season sucks now.

Hate 20/20 cricket.

Miss having a 5 day test series followed by 3 team one day match tournament.

But I'm also over these Souths bums as well
Agreed.

Might find some TV series to get into or do some movie marathons to focus on.

The call that this feels like a worse version of 2015 certainly has merit.

I remember thinking right up to the Sharks final that at some point the side would click.

While I’d like to assume they come out this week and get it done, sans our 4 best big men it becomes increasingly difficult.

Okay let's assume we are missing Arrow, Sele, Tatola and Burgess. I assume we bring in Shaq and DSF. That leaves us with a prop rotation of Moale, DSF, Shaq and Havili (or Koloamatangi). Duncan and Cartwright will complete the bench (assuming Chee Kam, Koloamatangi and Murray start). The Dragons will be missing De Belin and Su'a so that's a blessing.

That's not a terrible pack but we'll need a big game from Cook. I'd give Duncan more minutes. I'd start with Shaq and DSF, both have been in good form.

Anyway let's see what the team looks like tomorrow.

Cheers

It will be interesting to see how we respond. The season is basically on the line right now. Lose and that will be it.

If we can’t respond after last week then we can forget finals.

Even though we have players missing we should still be too strong for the Dragons if we play to our potential. Yet that’s the thing. We aren’t even close to doing that right now.

Best case scenario for us right now is to win out the year and finish 5th with Panthers finishing 1st. Yet right now I’ll take finishing 8th and playing the Raiders week one with Panthers finishing 1st.

On another note it was mentioned to me that Junior is a slight chance to return against the Knights. More than likely the Roosters though.

Back