• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Round 19: Lower Grades

bigbopper

Immortal Member
Reaction score
The NSW Cup side is now probably out of the running for a top four spot - they currently sit in 7th place four points (and a solid points differential) above 9th. They play the Mounties (10th place) on Saturday night as the curtain raiser to the Storm clash. Kick-off is at 5.10pm. They a tough draw coming up so a win would be handy.

The Flegg side now has a mortgage on the wooden spoon and play the Thunderbolts (Melbourne's Flegg team) at Accor Stadium with a 3.30pm kick-off. For the second week in a row we play the team running second last (when the Bulldogs beat us they moved into third last) so we might be a faint hope of a win.

Anyway get there early on Saturday night and you can watch three grades.

Please put all team news, scores and discussion here.

Cheers

With a few troops coming back this week for us we should see a stronger team named for reserve grade.

The Rabbitohs NSW Cup squad for Saturday’s match up with the Mounties is:

1) Blake Taaffe

2) Josh Mansour

3) Jacob Gagai (c)

4) Richie Kennar

5) Izaac Thompson

6) Jack Campagnolo

7) Dean Hawkins

8) Hugo Patterson

9) Shannon Gardiner

10) Shaquai Mitchell

11) Taane Milne

12) Ben Lovett

13) Trent Peoples

Interchange:

14) Romano Cook

15) Yileen Gordon

16) Tallis Duncan

17) D’Arcy Hardman

18) Tyson Hodge

Coach – Dane Dorahy

The Rabbitohs Jersey Flegg Cup squad for Saturday’s game against the Thunderbolts is:

1) Terrell Kalo Kalo

2) Carson Kaho

3) Zane Bijorac

4) Leon Te Hau

5) Tyrone Munro

6) Joseph Nohra

7) Mitchell Chester

8) Thomas Giles (c)

9) Keahlan Bray

10) Isaiah Vailalo

11) Jaxson Rahme

12) Oscar Mezzomo

13) Trent Griffiths

Interchange:

14) Isaac Chapman

15) William Abou-Arrage

16) TJ Toevai

17) Taine Woodford

18) Cruise Tweedie

19) Dranza Hawe-De-Thierry

Coach – Leon Latulipe

I’m hoping Taaffe gets some time at 6. Surely he does.

Last edited:
Agreed. If we plan to have Blake as our back-up 6 next year, surely he plays there from now.
I wonder if they are prepping Gagai (J) for one of the centre spots.

He was playing fullback for most of the year in Reggies, and has been moved to centre in the last 2 weeks, so there may be a thought that he’s the interim right centre until Campbell comes back.

I wonder if they are prepping Gagai (J) for one of the centre spots.

He was playing fullback for most of the year in Reggies, and has been moved to centre in the last 2 weeks, so there may be a thought that he’s the interim right centre until Campbell comes back.
He always shows the trademark Gagai effort everytime I watch him. Never comes into discussions for some reason though.

Don’t read too much into it. It could be as simple as preferring to give Campagnolo and Taafe spine time over Jacob.

Gagai isn’t a first grader.

Don’t read too much into it. It could be as simple as preferring to give Campagnolo and Taafe spine time over Jacob.

Gagai isn’t a first grader.
But they still might see Gagai as a potential fill-in while we are missing Graham. He at least has a bit of speed.

Cheers

I’m out at snake Park Maroubra. The Jersey flegg boys are down 12–4 at half time. The second Storm try was an intercept.

Heavy conditions. Tight contest.

TKK came off after a few minutes. Looked like a dislocated finger or hand injury.

Latest posts

Back