• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 18: Rabbitohs v Eels

I think Keaon will start at Prop and Murray will start at Lock. With the forwards playing so well right now, Murray should finally get a decent break between his 2 stints.

I think Keaon will start at Prop and Murray will start at Lock. With the forwards playing so well right now, Murray should finally get a decent break between his 2 stints.
Yep, I like Murray at 13 in that 60mins role.

We need to pick our 17 best fit players. Gray is one of them so either he plays in the halves or at fullback you have to find him a spot. Yes it may mean someone else plays out of position or not in the preferred spot but ultimately we have to win, so you pick the best players available.

Gray is not a bench player for mine, he has to start somewhere.

Perhaps fullback in defence and in the halves for attack might be an option….

We need to pick our 17 best fit players. Gray is one of them so either he plays in the halves or at fullback you have to find him a spot. Yes it may mean someone else plays out of position or not in the preferred spot but ultimately we have to win, so you pick the best players available.

Gray is not a bench player for mine, he has to start somewhere.

Perhaps fullback in defence and in the halves for attack might be an option….
Agree. A spot has to be found for Grey. If we are to match it with the top teams we need players like Grey, not plodders. I think Grey is a half but forget that, the halves will be Walker and Jack. I like Trell at FB. So Kennar, even though he has played very well this season, is the choice. Right centre, Kenner or Grey.

I'm still stunned by our last 4 games. I was always dreaming that it could happen:

Here is the table for the top teams for the last 5 weeks. All had a bye except the Cowboys. Hopefully I didn't make any errors.

Rabbits 10 122 - 50. 72
Roosters 8 114 - 58. 56
Panthers 8 110 - 62. 48
Bulldogs 8 106 - 58. 48
Storm 8 124 - 102. 22
Cowboys 8 106 - 102. 4

Gray to 7 Cody to 6 Wighton in centres and Trell at the back
I would like to see that too, we would be stronger, but I have to agree with one of the previous posts that said it won't happen. Understandably the coach would be hesitant to change the halves when we have suddenly started winning and still a chance to play finals. Good idea though.

The only positions for Jye Gray starting are in the halves or fullback. The only way I can see Jye playing fullback is if Latrell is unavailable. That leaves the halves. Not sure Hornby would be looking at that just yet. So that really leaves a bench spot between him and Mamouzelos.

Gray to 7 Cody to 6 Wighton in centres and Trell at the back

It would be a good insight as to wether Hornby is a cookie cutter/copy cat coach or knows how to utilise players talents.
it would be tragic if confined to the moronic & boring left right approac. I long for the day we let our halves be halves

The only positions for Jye Gray starting are in the halves or fullback. The only way I can see Jye playing fullback is if Latrell is unavailable. That leaves the halves. Not sure Hornby would be looking at that just yet. So that really leaves a bench spot between him and Mamouzelos.
He’s only played fullback at the open age level for Souths to date. So there’s that.

Could be they are worried about Trell getting injured in Origin and don’t want to risk Gray this week as a result.

Either that, or they’re considering starting him at 1 maybe.

Trell has essentially be paying 5/8 anyway. So not that much of a stretch.

I guess it will come down to whether or not Wayne wants to see how Murray goes on an edge

He wanted to see Keaon at lock not prop

But he now may want to see how K goes upfront

Cronk made a good point that keeping Kolo and Murray in the middle (so Kolo at prop) aids the shortcomings of Wighton and Walker in the halves, i.e, neither really wants to play first receiver. Which is an apt take.

Latest posts

Back