• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 16: Rabbitohs v Sea Eagles

Will be interesting to see the team that Manly put on the paddock. It is likely it will have 6 changes to todays team. The three rep players and the 3 who were injured today. So they may be missing four forwards from todays side.

Get out to Accor and support the boys!
I’ll be there mate going with Dad @cmorrison9 sits right near us too we will be in full voice. Mum might come to this one too. I’ll be getting my beanie and scarf out I reckon LLEETTSSS GOOO! I have faith.

With Taniela Paseka (hand) and Reuben Garrick (two HIA’s) both being ruled out in the first half, as well as an injury to Toafofoa Sipley (knee).

Can’t imagine Garrick plays which is a win

Will be interesting to see the team that Manly put on the paddock. It is likely it will have 6 changes to todays team. The three rep players and the 3 who were injured today. So they may be missing four forwards from todays side.
I just hope Arrow is good to go.

Keaon can’t come off the field and I expect Moale to play a bit bigger mins this week.

We've just had one of the best weekends of the Season, but it's time to come back down to earth and start looking forward to our clash against Manly on Saturday night.

Our old foes Manly. Another traditional rival of ours with our rivalry stretching back almost 80 years now. And boy, has it been one hell of a rivalry that includes plenty of feeling. It's no secret both sides don't like each other. Well, everyone hates Manly anyway. But in all seriousness, it has been one heck of a rivalry that's included countless big games and big moments including plenty of Grand Finals and Finals. Look forward to resuming it again on Saturday.

It's going to be a bit of a tough one as we will be missing our Origin stars in Cam and Trell. Those are huge losses which will be extremely hard to overcome in such key positions but I'm glad Madge didn't take anyone else like Cody.

That is offset but the loss of their Origin stars in DCE, Jurbo and Olakau'atu as well though. Plus, they had three injuries to key players last night. So, it will be a bit of a depleted Manly side we're playing which may help. However, they're still a good side who are on the up, so we have to be ready.

Can we win this and stretch our run to four in a row? It's not going to be easy, but I think we are capable.

Looking forward to the week!

Glory, Glory.

If Gray plays fullback, he might do some kicking as well (covering for Mitchell).

Will be an interesting watch as Gray was at his best in NSW Cup doing what Trell has been doing in NRL. Playing a little closer to the action as a playmaker (despite wearing 1).

Will be interesting to see if Liam LeBlanc makes his debut this week. Hopefully Jai is ok to go this week.

Jye Gray will be straight in to that fullback spot. Can’t see anymore changes outside of that.

DCE is a huge loss for them. I just hope that we don’t get complacent. Play like we have the last few weeks and we will win this.

Would love to see Souths vs Manly live but I have to see the Super Rugby Final with a few friends...
Next game!

They will be favourites”: Seibold reveals eight forwards to miss Rabbitohs clash​

The Sea Eagles will be unrecognisable next weekend.​

SCOTT PRYDE

EDITOR | JUNE 17, 2024 - 9:53AM

Manly Sea Eagles head coach Anthony Seibold has confirmed as many as eight forwards will be missing for next weekend’s clash with the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

It comes after the Sea Eagles were forced to play with just 13 players during the second half of Sunday afternoon’s brave victory over the St George Illawarra Dragons.

The club lost Toafofoa Sipley, Taniela Paseka, Corey Waddell and Reuben Garrick throughout the first half of the contest. Waddell returned for a brief period during the second half, but Manly’s remaining forwards out-worked the Red V in front of a sellout crowd at Brookvale.

Seibold confirmed post-game that Sipley has hurt his MCL again, while Paseka has a thumb injury. Garrick (who is a back) will be forced out of next week’s game with a concussion under the NRL’s 11-day stand-down protocols, and it’s unclear if Waddell will join the injured list.

The Sea Eagles also lose Jake Trbojevic and Haumole Olakau’atu (as well as halfback Daly Cherry-Evans) to State of Origin, while a number of other players are also out.

“Jake and Haumole with Origin, obviously Chez with Queensland. Those two guys [Sipley and Paseka] will be out, we are already missing Matt Lodge, Josh Aloiai, Aaron Woods and Dean Matterson, so there are a fair chunk of middle forwards, but if we get a group of guys who want to work hard like that, work hard for each other, then we have enough speed and weapons to trouble Souths, but it will be a pretty patched side,” Seibold said during his post-game press conference.

Seibold said his side will have a ‘red-hot crack’ at Souths, who he said go into the game as favourites.

“We will go over there to have a red-hot crack at Souths. They will be favourites after their last three weeks, but it will be a great coaching opportunity and a great opportunity for some guys to get over there and have a crack because there are some guys who won’t have played first-grade this year,” Seibold said on the injury front,” Seibold said.

Manly, who have moved into the top eight on the back of Sunday’s win with a seven wins, one draw and six loss record from their first 14 games, will be out to build on the victory over the Dragons.

Captain Cherry-Evans said he was unsure what it meant at this stage, but was hoping “minimum standards” could be set on the back of it.

“I guess we will find out later in the year and even next week what it [the win] means. I’d like to think that everyone who played through today though is going to get a lot confidence out of the performance. Also, against a bit of adversity, what this group can do. I don’t know what it means long-term, but again, hopefully you see it in our response that there is a bit of a minimum standard in the way we play effort-wise,” Cherry-Evans said.

They will be favourites”: Seibold reveals eight forwards to miss Rabbitohs clash​

The Sea Eagles will be unrecognisable next weekend.​

SCOTT PRYDE

EDITOR | JUNE 17, 2024 - 9:53AM

Manly Sea Eagles head coach Anthony Seibold has confirmed as many as eight forwards will be missing for next weekend’s clash with the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

It comes after the Sea Eagles were forced to play with just 13 players during the second half of Sunday afternoon’s brave victory over the St George Illawarra Dragons.

The club lost Toafofoa Sipley, Taniela Paseka, Corey Waddell and Reuben Garrick throughout the first half of the contest. Waddell returned for a brief period during the second half, but Manly’s remaining forwards out-worked the Red V in front of a sellout crowd at Brookvale.

Seibold confirmed post-game that Sipley has hurt his MCL again, while Paseka has a thumb injury. Garrick (who is a back) will be forced out of next week’s game with a concussion under the NRL’s 11-day stand-down protocols, and it’s unclear if Waddell will join the injured list.

The Sea Eagles also lose Jake Trbojevic and Haumole Olakau’atu (as well as halfback Daly Cherry-Evans) to State of Origin, while a number of other players are also out.

“Jake and Haumole with Origin, obviously Chez with Queensland. Those two guys [Sipley and Paseka] will be out, we are already missing Matt Lodge, Josh Aloiai, Aaron Woods and Dean Matterson, so there are a fair chunk of middle forwards, but if we get a group of guys who want to work hard like that, work hard for each other, then we have enough speed and weapons to trouble Souths, but it will be a pretty patched side,” Seibold said during his post-game press conference.

Seibold said his side will have a ‘red-hot crack’ at Souths, who he said go into the game as favourites.

“We will go over there to have a red-hot crack at Souths. They will be favourites after their last three weeks, but it will be a great coaching opportunity and a great opportunity for some guys to get over there and have a crack because there are some guys who won’t have played first-grade this year,” Seibold said on the injury front,” Seibold said.

Manly, who have moved into the top eight on the back of Sunday’s win with a seven wins, one draw and six loss record from their first 14 games, will be out to build on the victory over the Dragons.

Captain Cherry-Evans said he was unsure what it meant at this stage, but was hoping “minimum standards” could be set on the back of it.

“I guess we will find out later in the year and even next week what it [the win] means. I’d like to think that everyone who played through today though is going to get a lot confidence out of the performance. Also, against a bit of adversity, what this group can do. I don’t know what it means long-term, but again, hopefully you see it in our response that there is a bit of a minimum standard in the way we play effort-wise,” Cherry-Evans said.
Wow, that is really serious and a real concern.

I remember playing Manly years ago at the SCG with most of our first grade team out and Piggo led the team to an incredible win. If my memory is correct, they pulled up George Piggins jersey to 'fix him up' and he had taping all across his chest - man he was tough!

Of course it made me think about where are we at now and taking yobbo84's post last week. Is this correct? How does this compare to theirs? That is a massive amount of experience missing for them.

So as far I can tell, they have 9 forwards with first grade experience missing and we have 6.
They have 4 backs missing and we have 7. Interesting that we both have 13 players unavailable without counting the players who haven't played first grade as yet.

I'm bored at work, so I started checking how many games our players have played in first grade using Rugby League Project's numbers.

1. Latrell Mitchell (170 first grade games presuming Jye will be back)
2. Tyrone Munro (4)
3. Campbell Graham (131)
4. Isaiah Tass (47)
5. Izaac Thompson (13)
6. Dean Hawkins (12)
7. Lachlan Ilias (53)
8. Junior Tatola (140)
9. Saliva Havili (145 we now have our hooker!!!!!)
10. Shaquai Mitchell (17 games)
11. Jacob Host (105)
12. Ben Lovett (3 first grade games)
13. Cameron Murray (156)
Plus others like Brock Gray, Thomas Fletcher, etc.

I wonder if there is going to be a 'Well, what about South Sydney' article in reply??

Back