• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Round 16: Other Matches

Prowsey

Grand Master
Reaction score
1718573037589.png

Byes: Bri; Cro; New; NQL; Par; Pen; SGI

Last edited:
If we beat Manly this week then we will be 4 points outside of the 8. Then with the bye the following week we could find ourselves 2-3 points outside the 8 if a couple of results go our way.

What a strange competition we have this year.

What is hurting us though is our points differential. Big wins against Parra and the Titans has seen us close that gap. But still quite a fair way away.

Really the only games that would help us this week is both the Titans and Tigers upsetting the Warriors and Raiders.

I know I shouldn’t do it to myself. 😂

If we beat Manly this week then we will be 4 points outside of the 8. Then with the bye the following week we could find ourselves 2-3 points outside the 8 if a couple of results go our way.

What a strange competition we have this year.

What is hurting us though is our points differential. Big wins against Parra and the Titans has seen us close that gap. But still quite a fair way away.

Really the only games that would help us this week is both the Titans and Tigers upsetting the Warriors and Raiders.

I know I shouldn’t do it to myself. 😂
The problem when you’re trying to climb the ladder from a lowly position is that whilst you may be only 4 to 6 points off 8th position you need a group of teams above you to go on losing streaks while you’re seeing the finishing line getting closer and closer. There’s a point where the mathematical possibility is all you have left.
It’s been done before but it’s a rare event to come from the absolute bottom near the half way point of the campaign.

The problem when you’re trying to climb the ladder from a lowly position is that whilst you may be only 4 to 6 points off 8th position you need a group of teams above you to go on losing streaks while you’re seeing the finishing line getting closer and closer. There’s a point where the mathematical possibility is all you have left.
It’s been done before but it’s a rare event to come from the absolute bottom near the half way point of the campaign.
I guess it all depends who those teams we are chasing are playing. You don’t necessarily need them to go on losing streaks. It is about chipping away the next few weeks.

Just next week the Warriors play the Broncos. We are currently 3 and 4 points behind those teams respectively. Win this week and assuming the Warriors beat the Titans we will go 2 points closer to one of those sides next week.

The likes of the Raiders, Bulldogs, Dragons and Cowboys also play teams higher than them on the ladder. Not to mention the Bulldogs play the Roosters this week.

What is hurting us is that our points differential means that even if we get to one win behind them we would have to win 2 more games to jump them.

A few blow out scores can close that gap.

I am enjoy the winning run at the moment, long may it continue. I am not even thinking about the the eight at this stage, we are very long odds of getting to the finals this year.

I am keeping expectations low which helps to avoid further disappointment.

I guess it all depends who those teams we are chasing are playing. You don’t necessarily need them to go on losing streaks. It is about chipping away the next few weeks.

Just next week the Warriors play the Broncos. We are currently 3 and 4 points behind those teams respectively. Win this week and assuming the Warriors beat the Titans we will go 2 points closer to one of those sides next week.

The likes of the Raiders, Bulldogs, Dragons and Cowboys also play teams higher than them on the ladder. Not to mention the Bulldogs play the Roosters this week.

What is hurting us is that our points differential means that even if we get to one win behind them we would have to win 2 more games to jump them.

A few blow out scores can close that gap.
Parramatta in 2009 are a good yardstick.

They were sitting on 13 points after round 15.
From round 16 to round 26 they had 8 wins and 3 losses to sneak into 8th spot qualifying with 29 points.
In that year Parramatta and the teams finishing 9 and 10 all had positive F/A. It was the 1 point from the draw that got the Eels over the line.
Our poor F/A is a millstone which will be hard to overcome.

Just need to keep winning and the rest will sort it self

Roosters went on a winning run last season and scraped into the 8 in the last round.

It's doable
They were 2 wins (4 points) and +36 points better in FA at this point. But until we lose 2 more I’m with you.

The competition is wide open.

Clubs that had better runs in the early part of the year are now struggling to field teams.

Why can’t we go on an all-time run?

I think the Dogs are a good shot to knock off the Roosterds.

What a good weekend if we knock off Manly and the Dogs get up!

Come on Bunnies, come on Doggies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the Dogs are a good shot to knock off the Roosterds.

What a good weekend if we knock off Manly and the Dogs get up!

Come on Bunnies, come on Doggies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Funnily even though they are both on even points in the faint hope we have of making the top 8 it would be more beneficial to us if the Roosters got up.

Funnily even though they are both on even points in the faint hope we have of making the top 8 it would be more beneficial to us if the Roosters got up.

Not under any circumstances should we ever want to see them win, go wash your mouth with Solvol. 👎

Wash your mouth out with soap Kempy.

The only result to hope for is that the Roosters lose every match, every year!

There may be several roads to an unlikely but possible top 8 finish. The best is always the one where the roosters lose. Go dogs.

There may be several roads to an unlikely but possible top 8 finish. The best is always the one where the roosters lose. Go dogs.
Realistically we are more chance of catching the Dogs than the Roosters. South Sydney will always take precedence over my hate for the Roosters.

We would need to win 4 more games than the Roosters in the run home due to points differential. Not that I think we can catch up to the Dogs either with points differential, but there is more a realistic chance with a few big wins by us.

I would love the Roosters to lose every week. But we know that isn’t going to happen.

Latest posts

Back