• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 10: Rabbitohs v Dragons

We've had a few Thursday night games recently so this week has felt like a long build up but finally, game day is here!! Today we take on the Dragons in a massive clash. They're one of our biggest rivals so any game day against them is big.

They’re one of our most traditional rivals, the Dragons. Our rivalry with them is very rich and vast and it stretches back nearly 100 years. I know some people dispute that because of the merger, but that's the way I'll always see it. They're a traditional rival so it's always a big game against them. Both teams don't like each other, and it's been that way for many, many years. I can't wait to write the next chapter in the rivalry later today.

Really not sure how to feel about this one. part of me is super excited to see if we've evolved, changed anything, to see if we really turn up and put in a good performance. And part of me is confident that will happen. Another part of me is somewhat dreading it. We have perhaps the most depleted side in recent history today and are in terrible form. Meanwhile, the Dragons aren't the easy beats they once were, so I know this is going to be a massive challenge.

But I'm going to go with my gut and say we can stand up and do this today!! What a moment that would be!!! Don't know why I'm getting optimistic but I am, I'm kind of pumped!

Let's go slay these Dragons!!

I urge everyone to get behind our boys today, they need it!

Fire up!! The rise begins.

Glory, Glory.

We've had a few Thursday night games recently so this week has felt like a long build up but finally, game day is here!! Today we take on the Dragons in a massive clash. They're one of our biggest rivals so any game day against them is big.

They’re one of our most traditional rivals, the Dragons. Our rivalry with them is very rich and vast and it stretches back nearly 100 years. I know some people dispute that because of the merger, but that's the way I'll always see it. They're a traditional rival so it's always a big game against them. Both teams don't like each other, and it's been that way for many, many years. I can't wait to write the next chapter in the rivalry later today.

Really not sure how to feel about this one. part of me is super excited to see if we've evolved, changed anything, to see if we really turn up and put in a good performance. And part of me is confident that will happen. Another part of me is somewhat dreading it. We have perhaps the most depleted side in recent history today and are in terrible form. Meanwhile, the Dragons aren't the easy beats they once were, so I know this is going to be a massive challenge.

But I'm going to go with my gut and say we can stand up and do this today!! What a moment that would be!!! Don't know why I'm getting optimistic but I am, I'm kind of pumped!

Let's go slay these Dragons!!

I urge everyone to get behind our boys today, they need it!

Fire up!! The rise begins.

Glory, Glory.
WE don't want the Dragons to be inspired Callum....more lets put the Fire Out rather than Fire Up?! Although the weather today is likely to dampen the pilot light for the Red and Whites!

A bit of a shorter preview today as I’m limited for time.

So Game Day is upon us as we take on the Dragons later today at 5:30pm. It’s always been a strong rivalry against a traditional rival. I know quite a lot of Dragons fans so I won’t hear the end of it if we lose. The Dragons are a much better side this year so this is a very hard one. It looks to be quite wet so we will have to limit the errors and match them in the middle as best we can. Yes we are depleted but that gives opportunities to others who need to step up. Good luck to Dion, Frenchy today and Gehmat filling in due to our injury crisis. Cody game 200 we are all proud of you mate go get it today and have a big one. And Trell welcome back you owe us big time mate. I’ll be at work with one eye on it but I’ll watch it back when I get home late whether we win or lose. Cmon boys dig deep and do us proud.

OK ALL RABBITOHS MEMBERS AND SUPPORTERS AT 5:28PM ON YA FEET LETS GO RABBITOHS GLORY GLORY LETS GO AND GET THESE DRAGONS!!

Trell's return is massive today and it's potentially a reason I'm feeling excited about the game. I just really get the feeling this period is make or break for him and I still believe Trell has the desire to make sure it is the making of him. This could be the awakening he needed, and we may see him really fire up and deliver today. I hope so anyway, boy, do we need it.

Trell's return is massive today and it's potentially a reason I'm feeling excited about the game. I just really get the feeling this period is make or break for him and I still believe Trell has the desire to make sure it is the making of him. This could be the awakening he needed, and we may see him really fire up and deliver today. I hope so anyway, boy, do we need it.

And, we need Cody not to play in a dinner suit, we need Koloamatangi to stop being so ****ing lazy in defence at critical times, we need Thompson to stop bombing tries and dropping high balls, we need Moale to get physical and use his size, we need Tom Burgess to stop grabbing jumpers and actually hit hard in defence, we need Cook to get out of dummy half quickly, get his forwards rolling and take every chance he sees to take a run.

Surprisingly it's not all down to Trell.

And, we need Cody not to play in a dinner suit, we need Koloamatangi to stop being so ****ing lazy in defence at critical times, we need Thompson to stop bombing tries and dropping high balls, we need Moale to get physical and use his size, we need Tom Burgess to stop grabbing jumpers and actually hit hard in defence, we need Cook to get out of dummy half quickly, get his forwards rolling and take every chance he sees to take a run.

Surprisingly it's not all down to Trell.
It's not all down to Trell, you're right. I never said it was. However, he is one of those players who has the rare ability to lift an entire team when he's on.

I want to see a real leader today. A 'come with me boys' type of performance if that makes sense.

It's not all down to Trell, you're right. I never said it was. However, he is one of those players who has the rare ability to lift an entire team when he's on.

I want to see a real leader today. A 'come with me boys' type of performance if that makes sense.

Yeah I mostly agree, it just gives me the shits sometimes when people dump everything on Trell while ignoring the lack of form and weaknesses in others.

No matter what Trell does tonight, he'll get bagged on here, you can put your house on it.

Yeah I mostly agree, it just gives me the shits sometimes when people dump everything on Trell while ignoring the lack of form and weaknesses in others.

No matter what Trell does tonight, he'll get bagged on here, you can put your house on it.

Or they begrudgingly say he played well the add “but but, what about ”

Back