• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 1: Rabbitohs v Sea Eagles

Rabbitohs to open Season 2024 in Las Vegas Double Header: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/rabbitohs-to-open-season-2024-in-las-vegas-double-header

Pretty big news!! On the surface, I'm not overly keen as it will be a bit of a big distraction, the travel strain will be immense and footy players in vegas is a potential for trouble.

However, when you really think about it, this is huge in the history of our club. Behind involved in the NRL's first real venture into the USA? Who wouldn't want to be involved in that? The opportunity to grow our profile and grow our supporter base over there will be huge.

I wasn't keen on it at first but I am now. Only if it becomes a 'Round 0' though and we get the week off afterwards. Surely that will happen right? Gonna be pretty cool!

Get a Vegas ‘24 Tour T shirt going with your name on it….talk a few mates into joining in…
this is great.....

have a stadium full of Australian tourists ,

with most likely minimal TV coverage in the USA , since they are saturated with Basketball , Ice hockey , Grid iron and baseball both professional and college and soccer spending a fortune to try and get a sound base for the past twenty years.

will do wonders for NRL in the USA (not). we are better off trying get an Perth and Adelaide team up and running and at least making NRL a national game in Australia and invest in grass routes in all states , something AFL has been doing for decades in NSW/QLD

this is great.....

have a stadium full of Australian tourists ,

with most likely minimal TV coverage in the USA , since they are saturated with Basketball , Ice hockey , Grid iron and baseball both professional and college and soccer spending a fortune to try and get a sound base for the past twenty years.

will do wonders for NRL in the USA (not). we are better off trying get an Perth and Adelaide team up and running and at least making NRL a national game in Australia and invest in grass routes in all states , something AFL has been doing for decades in NSW/QLD
Yeh but we didn't have V'landys running the show before. Love him or hate him the guy gets things done. I'd be surprised if this doesn't turn out being a great decision for our game moving forward over there. Every American I know loves watching rugby league.

No comment, I want to think for a while about the pros and cons first.

Better not be a souths roosters game surely. Souths/Manly and broncos/roosters makes most sense.

I also like the idea of round 2 being those same teams playing each other

Well if what we have been told, and if we use a little common-sense, we can maybe figure out the games.

We know Brisbane are never giving up a home game in their lives. So they are one away team.

We've been told unequivocally that Souths demanded we are not losing a home game over this, so that makes us the other away team.

The nrl will not schedule a Souths v scummers game outside of Sydney unless it's due to covid so we can rule them out.

Therefore, we can maybe assume it will be

Souths v manly
Brisbane v roosters

Better not be a souths roosters game surely. Souths/Manly and broncos/roosters makes most sense.

I also like the idea of round 2 being those same teams playing each other
The fans will walk out if tries are disallowed for forward passes

Back