• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

RABBITOHS 2024 COACHING STRUCTURE

Sonic Star

Grand Master
Reaction score
This was announced 4th Oct 2023

Head of Performance, Andrew Croll, has extended his tenure with the Club for a further two seasons and ceased his role with the Queensland State of Origin team which will allow him to focus on the Rabbitohs throughout the Origin period in the middle of the season.

Head of Strength and Conditioning, Jack Milligan, has extended his contract with the Club for a further three seasons, with physiotherapists Paul Minei and Cuan Neyland also extending their tenures with the Rabbitohs.

Andrew Croll, Jack Milligan should have been shown the door with JD or should be fired ASAP

Croll rejoined The Broncos in 2018 as conditioning coach from 2018 to 2019

2020 became Broncos head of performance

Broncos win the spoon that season with him in charge of head of performance.

They leaked 624 points and had a diff of -356

Anyone notice a pattern here?
Brisbane also had a pretty strong roster as well, no way that team should have finished last, Siebs got a lot of the blame but I think Croll was fired as well.

For some reason we signed him, he is based in QLD as well, I don't even think he is hands on.

Paul Minei joined the Swans in November so obviously something went down soon after this announcement.

Jack has been with Souths since at least 2019 or 2020 so who knows good or bad (given he was here during good times) but yeah definitely Croll needs to go because we just don’t look right.

100% we need to get the broom out. Clean slate

Reactions: CCR
I updated @yobbo84 stats when i got home from work this morning

We clearly front load for the first 20 mins of each half...

Then lights on but no one is home

We are truly a dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde team

P.s i have been up for over 20 hours or so...

Attachments

• IMG_9954.png
    IMG_9954.png
    205.2 KB · Views: 9
I updated @yobbo84 stats when i got home from work this morning

We clearly front load for the first 20 mins of each half...

Then lights on but no one is home

We are truly a dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde team

P.s i have been up for over 20 hours or so...
The funny thing is in previous years we started the games slowly now it’s the opposite 😂. Imagine if we could just put it together for 80 mins

Personally, I think it's shit folks are willing for people to be sacked from their jobs. There are many variables contributing to the fortune of a football team.

But change is coming. As has been mentioned here by several, the football program was run largely by the Northern Pride group after Shane Richardson left the club, and in Wayne Bennett's final year in 2021. It's no surprise that once Demetriou was moved on, Brock Schaefer followed him out the door. At some stage over the past few weeks, the board - Solly - Ello, decided that the JD and BS recruitment, retention, and development strategy was not working and there was a sudden change of tac. That led to Ello flying to England to find some ready-made players to bolster the roster. BS probably realised that his control and influence was over. There is going to be a noticeable change in the recruitment approach of the club now I feel.

The medical/rehab team had a clean out at the end of last season, didn't it? As has been mentioned, the club kept Paul Minei but he now appears to be at Sydney Swans.

Will Croll see out the final year of his contract? Most likely not. He is JD's man. I don't think it's got anything to do with his ability as a High Performance Manager, and I don't think his previous record at Brisbane recently is a reflection of that. Afterall, Billy Slater was happy to have him part of the QLD Origin team. The Broncos were a very young group in 2019-20. They're still a young group, but they've now got multiple NRL pre-seasons under their belt, and the roster is made up of tall, athletic forwards, and speed in the backs, and a great leader JD & BS didn't fight to retain. Brisbane went through some growing pains football wise which a young squad will do, but we all knew the talent was there. The South Sydney roster isn't in the same ballpark IMO. That's on JD and BS.
Being a good person and trying hard does not cut it in professional sport.

All that matters is results.

Most unfit side in the NRL with the most soft tissue injuries.

They can all go and find other jobs.

Pre season is meant to condition the players and steel them up for the year ahead.

Based on what we’ve seen so far this year, our pre season was an absolute fail.

Too much posing for our social media department and not enough hard slog.

Personally, I think it's shit folks are willing for people to be sacked from their jobs. There are many variables contributing to the fortune of a football team.

But change is coming. As has been mentioned here by several, the football program was run largely by the Northern Pride group after Shane Richardson left the club, and in Wayne Bennett's final year in 2021. It's no surprise that once Demetriou was moved on, Brock Schaefer followed him out the door. At some stage over the past few weeks, the board - Solly - Ello, decided that the JD and BS recruitment, retention, and development strategy was not working and there was a sudden change of tac. That led to Ello flying to England to find some ready-made players to bolster the roster. BS probably realised that his control and influence was over. There is going to be a noticeable change in the recruitment approach of the club now I feel.

The medical/rehab team had a clean out at the end of last season, didn't it? As has been mentioned, the club kept Paul Minei but he now appears to be at Sydney Swans.

Will Croll see out the final year of his contract? Most likely not. He is JD's man. I don't think it's got anything to do with his ability as a High Performance Manager, and I don't think his previous record at Brisbane recently is a reflection of that. Afterall, Billy Slater was happy to have him part of the QLD Origin team. The Broncos were a very young group in 2019-20. They're still a young group, but they've now got multiple NRL pre-seasons under their belt, and the roster is made up of tall, athletic forwards, and speed in the backs, and a great leader JD & BS didn't fight to retain. Brisbane went through some growing pains football wise which a young squad will do, but we all knew the talent was there. The South Sydney roster isn't in the same ballpark IMO. That's on JD and BS.
Billy Slater doesnt need to worry about fitness for a QLD team.
He can see it in their performance each week for their clubs.

A NRL team is a different matter though and if you cant do your job then go somewhere else, not our club.

I was listening to Triple M on the drive in yesterday.

James Graham and Wade Graham made some good points in regard to high performance teams. Talking about monitoring GPS stats, player loads, etc.

Wade Graham made a good point about how the best High Performance Managers would know when to rely on the stats, and know when to let the players do their thing. He gave an example at the Sharks where they would check on him when doing extras and reading his max. loads from the GPS data, but they'd allow him to do his thing given they trusted the players knowing their bodies etc. They then talked about how in other cases some would freak out about injuries - "you're doing too much, you need to stop, etc".

I don't know where we sit in that regard, but found it interesting.

James Graham had the best story though. Talked about at the Bulldogs when they had mounting injuries and the high performance staff tried to limit their training because they were doing too much, and apparently he said something along the lines of - "You're worried about fitness and I'm just worried we have no idea what we'll be bloody doing out there!". I.e. shut up and let us practice!

Back