• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Preliminary Final: Cowboys vs Eels

Cowboys. And man oh man - if we were to play the Cowboys in a GF...

We'll see how things play out, but this does have shades of 2014 about it, in so far as the real GF being the prelim. I don't see either the Cowboys or Eels beating us or Penrith.

Cowboys. And man oh man - if we were to play the Cowboys in a GF...

We'll see how things play out, but this does have shades of 2014 about it, in so far as the real GF being the prelim. I don't see either the Cowboys or Eels beating us or Penrith.
If it's Souths vs the Cowboys in the grand final it will have one similarity to 2014 - it was 3rd vs 7th that day too. Of course we want the result the other way around :)

Cheers

I’ll pretend to want parra to win for the wife but in reality prefer cowboys. It won’t be as brutal and the only way one of these teams win the comp is if something like 2003 happens where we beat each other up roosters vs bulldogs.

As for the game- up there lean towards cowboys but I do think they are slightly overrated. They have better stars Taumalolo, Holmes whereas parra don’t have stars but a solid team. You kinda think you’d need that X factor but I actually think parra win because they could possibly have better defence.

A Rabbits-Eels GF would be mad in Sydney. But I reckon the conditions will kill off Parra. The Cows are tough in the humidity.

Do they pause GF ticket sales over the weekend? If Parra win there won’t be any left at Ticketek (besides the fan release) by the time we play.

I hope the Cows win so we can have a decent chance of getting GF tickets.

For me I’ll be wanting the Cowboys to win. If we win and play the Cowboys we would certainly outnumber their fans. With the Eels I have a feeling their fans would outnumber ours.

I think we have both covered. Just have to get through Penrith first. Not that hard is it? 🤪

I have no idea who I want to win. At some time during the game I'm sure I'll form a view but right now it just doesn't matter to me. Yes Parramatta would have more supporters at the game than the Cowboys but are they a better team (which is surely the point). Anyway as Kempy says, we have to worry about Penrith.

Cheers

We certainly have the wood on the Eels so that gives us a head up should they prevail on Friday.
OTOH the Cowboys come back to field a lot when playing away from home and it took them 90 odd minutes to get on top of the Sharks down here. On that basis they don’t hold a lot of fear factor and lIke the Sharks have overachieved making it this far.
Bottom line is win this weekend and we would have to be hot favourites to win the big one.

Back