• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Peter Mamouzelos

It is not a conspiracy theory.

Chris Sandow is no taller than 165cm he is listed as 175cm same with Issac Luke and Matty Bowen. I have been face to face with all 3 and I @ 173cm am taller than all of them. Luke is close but Matty and Sandow are way off.

Jai Gray listed as 170cm would be closer to Sandow @ 165cm. Kodi Nikorama another at 174cm. All padding the height stats. I don’t know if they are embarrassed or what but they do it.
Adam Reynolds:-
Height: 173 cm (5' 7")

Weight: 85 kg

So is Reyno 6' tall or 5' tall, 75kg or 110kg?

Sandow:
Height: 1.73 m (5' 7")
Weight: 89 kg

Jai Gray
Ht 170cm (5' 6")
Wt 78kg

You've been happy with Pete's efforts thus far poet?
Yep.

When he’s got some more minutes he’s done well. When he’s had fewer minutes he hasn’t let anyone down. He’s a work in progress but seems to have all the skills required and is trending in the right direction.

I don’t see a fringe rep player in him, but it’s also probably too early to tell.

But I don’t think being a solid first grade 9 is beyond him.

And I think you can get by well in this competition with a solid first grade 9. Assuming they’re playing in a side with Walker, Mitchell and Wighton.

IF short footy players are lying about their height, so be it.

Reynolds, good footy player.
Cook, good footy player.
Sandow, good footy player.
Luke, good footy player.
Gray, good footy player.

Mamouzelos, it won’t be his height that stops him being a long term NRL player or not.

Last edited:
Yep.

When he’s got some more minutes he’s done well. When he’s had fewer minutes he hasn’t let anyone down. He’s a work in progress but seems to have all the skills required and is trending in the right direction.

I don’t see a fringe rep player in him, but it’s also probably too early to tell.

But I don’t think being a solid first grade 9 is beyond him.

And I think you can get by well in this competition with a solid first grade 9. Assuming they’re playing in a side with Walker, Mitchell and Wighton.
Agree, they are my thoughts as well.

The height of your hooker makes no difference at all.

Why is this even being discussed?

I mean one could argue being smaller means you'r closer to the ground so he could get to the ball quicker and pick it up over someone who is taller...

The height of your hooker makes no difference at all.

Why is this even being discussed?

I mean one could argue being smaller means you'r closer to the ground so he could get to the ball quicker and pick it up over someone who is taller...

It is been discussed because the point was made that he is too small, yes size matters, and the argument was then counteracted with fake stats when you can see with your own two eyes he is very small.

The point was too try get people to look at what’s in front of them in reality not a stat sheet

It’s the same when players are making the wrong decisions defensively and someone will put up the stat sheet and go look no missed tackles drivel drivel drivel

For anyone concerned about the spine, the club’s approach is sound.

I’m not saying the result will be, but they’ve approached it in a common sense way that should set them up for success.

They have 4 starting positions to fill in the spine, and the NRL approach that seems to work best for squad balance, is to have 3 spine members on a bit of coin, and 1 on less. We’re also at a point in time where you could argue that lock is a more integral position for teams than hooker.

They have one genuine, peak of their career rep star in Latrell, who is equally comfortable at 1 or 6.

You then have 2 senior, rep class players in Wighton and Walker. Yes they are in the twilight of their career. But they cover 6, 7 and at a stretch 1, have plenty of leadership and experience, and are still elite NRL players.

You then have 3-4 different varieties of next cab off the rank.

Dodd has 75 games of first team ESL experience, has played in a premiership winner and (I believe) has been in an amongst some rep train on squad environments. He’s a very good option for a young, non NRL experienced half. Did we overpay for him? We won’t know till he plays some NRL. Is he a sure thing? Nope. But we aren't all in on him either.

He’s complimented by a genuine top prospect in Jye Gray. Whether you see him as a 1, 6 or 7 is largely irrelevant. He’s a real deal prospect in the same league as a Stewart, Sanders, whoever. Time will tell whether he can transfer from prospect to fringe rep star, but the pedigree is there.

Then you have Mamouzelos. A local product who was identified early and has done a long and thorough apprenticeship. He’ll be up around 25 NRL games by next year, at age 24, with a handful for Greek international caps under his belt. Not a home run or sure thing (no one is), but a reasonable gamble. And unlike Ilias, he isn’t debuting on the back of no footy due to COVID the previous 2 years. The club know what they have in Pete and have made an informed call.

Added to this, it sounds like they’ll trade out the higher priced Ilias and bring in a player who is versatile between halves and hooker as a back up in Humphrey’s. Smart play. Always tough to decide between a weaker player with experience, or a prospect without any, but I think going the later and hoping for upside works here.

That ignores guys like Havili who can play some 9, and any of the light weight middles who might spend the offseason playing some 9 in case shit hits the fan.

Add to this the fact you have Murray, Duncan and Koloamatangi that all have an ability to ball play at first receiver from the pack.

It’s a reasonable approach with a few bases covered and we certainly aren't putting all our eggs in one basket.

While I believe we’re a worse spine with Cook gone. We may end up a better team depending on what they do elsewhere with the free’d up cash.

For anyone who wants to fill the squad with a certainty for every position, you’re gonna end up with average quality across the park like Parra, or no quality depth (which we’ve with suffered at times).

Squad building is a risk, and I don’t mind this calculated approach.

While I believe we’re a worse spine with Cook gone. We may end up a better team depending on what they do elsewhere with the free’d up cash.
I agree with most of what you said in your post and it's a well argued point.

The only thing that I don't think is able to be said at this point is that we're a worse spine.

Different spine absolutely. And while having Mamo there (or Humphries) will change the way the spine operates - with the hooker playing a more "traditional" role - we won't know whether it's worse / the same / or (less likely I think) better, for a dozen or so games next year.

The only thing that I don't think is able to be said at this point is that we're a worse spine.

Different spine absolutely. And while having Mamo there (or Humphries) will change the way the spine operates - with the hooker playing a more "traditional" role - we won't know whether it's worse / the same / or (less likely I think) better, for a dozen or so games next year.
I would not be surprised at all to see Humphrey's become our first choice hooker next season, he has a very good footy brain and is a very natural footy player ,I think Wayne knows the type of player he's been looking for and he has found him at a good price ,I think we may all get a surprise as to how good he will become under Wayne's guidance

Less bankable spine then.

It is been discussed because the point was made that he is too small, yes size matters, and the argument was then counteracted with fake stats when you can see with your own two eyes he is very small.

The point was too try get people to look at what’s in front of them in reality not a stat sheet

It’s the same when players are making the wrong decisions defensively and someone will put up the stat sheet and go look no missed tackles drivel drivel drivel
As jack gibson once said,don't tell me how many tackles he made tell me how many he missed

Latest posts

Back