• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

OT Penrith supermen??????

thebestsince1908

Reaction score
I’m wondering how Penrith are so fit? They don’t seem to fatigue over the course of the game. What do they do that makes them clearly super fit is it a secret training regime, diet and recovery protocol or are they just a collection of extremely athletically gifted individuals? Is anyone curious how they have achieved such a level?

I’m wondering how Penrith are so fit? They don’t seem to fatigue over the course of the game. What do they do that makes them clearly super fit is it a secret training regime, diet and recovery protocol or are they just a collection of extremely athletically gifted individuals? Is anyone curious how they have achieved such a level?

They obviously work harder than anyone else, they have set exceptionally high standards.

I don't think they come across as any bigger or stronger than any other team, but they appear fitter. I would be curious to know what sort of cardio training they do and how often.

If I had to guess I would think they have dropped off on bulk/strength/weights style training and are focusing on cardio/endurance. If so it's a smart move as it suits a running game like league.

I know people what there to be some underlining reason. I know its possible but I can't see it being performance enhancing drugs.

They control the game and it just seems to take pressure off them. I didn't watch last night's game but they seemed to have 60-70% of the ball at different stages. Seibold had this right in his coaching. He worked hard for the team to fatigue the other team.

We know how they do it. Their back 3 make ridiculous yardage, so their forwards just hover around the 40m line and they don't need to waste any energy getting back onside.

Nathan Cleary has the best kicking game since Andrew Johns and pins you down where he wants.

Their forwards then exert all their energy on linespeed in defence, they keep you in your half, you kick to their back 3, rinse and repeat.

It's a winning formula.

How they have been able to do this, week-in and week-out, for 3 years, without any dip in form whatsoever is the mystery/their secret recipe.

They were also "nearly good enough" in 2020, got a new wrestling coach, and adopted a new mantra/mindset ("FEC" or "F*** Every C***"). It's a ruthless mentality and bleeds over into their personas but it's getting them results.

Often you don't realise there's a team of champions until years later.

They have a team of champions, but have a champion team.

Api and Kikau will be a massive loss for them.

Api is one of the best hookers in the last decade, massively under rated. He gets the team rolling forward, his passing is crisp and doesn't often make a poor decision.

Kikau is one of the most intimidating players, gets in everyone's face. Yes he gets smashed too but he never gives you an easy night in the office and many opportunities come off the back of him.

Cleary just gets better and better, as much as people don't want to admit he's very john's like and has the potential to go down as an immortal with what he's achieved with how young he still is.

Cleary has a great kicking game!!!
They may be a champion team but when a lot of them were chosen in SOO they were less than competent!
Crichton,Luaui etc. we’re bordering on useless against a committed QLD team

They’re pathetic smug pricks

People truly believe these classless dorks wouldn't have the audacity to dope in secret.

Crazy. Naive stuff if you really think this sort of thing isn't rampant in sport.

Keep ignoring the stack of red flags regarding this scumbag team if you want. But I won't.

Low IQ, arrogant, dopehead footy players... but good boys who'd never cheat for a competitive edge :) Surely not :)

It's illegal dont ya know :)

Any chance of slipping Arsenic in among the steroids!😝
They make rednecks look like aristocrats!

We know how they do it. Their back 3 make ridiculous yardage, so their forwards just hover around the 40m line and they don't need to waste any energy getting back onside.

Nathan Cleary has the best kicking game since Andrew Johns and pins you down where he wants.

Their forwards then exert all their energy on linespeed in defence, they keep you in your half, you kick to their back 3, rinse and repeat.

It's a winning formula.

How they have been able to do this, week-in and week-out, for 3 years, without any dip in form whatsoever is the mystery/their secret recipe.

They were also "nearly good enough" in 2020, got a new wrestling coach, and adopted a new mantra/mindset ("FEC" or "F*** Every C***"). It's a ruthless mentality and bleeds over into their personas but it's getting them results.
Perfectly articulated

However one should be asking why aren’t we poaching their wrestling and high performance coach?

Back