• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

NRLW

Are you saying that’s a fact or is it a “belief”.

Well , I started the point with , has anyone seen the application.
I have not , but assumed , it is not just

Name of Club and what year do you want to join ?

Must be some questions about , $$$ to commit to spend.

Ok, so, from my standpoint, I can’t apportion blame to the club until we find out more.

Ok, so, from my standpoint, I can’t apportion blame to the club until we find out more.
I agreed with you point for the first time we missed out , when we were , with the Sharks leaders promoting and playing woman's NRL before the inaugural season and 4 team selection.

However , 3 selection phases since then and we have not learnt to understand what the NRL wanted before hand . the Tigers ( who were a basket case at the time) getting in before the latest ......because Souths stated in their application , we would be ready for a team in 24 months and the NRL just accepted the 4 teams who said we will be ready next year. There were 5 team teams who applied and Souths were the only ones who stated they would be ready in 24 months.

AND our readiness for next year , clearly lacking given we are near last with both our woman's teams and DOGS who got in are currently first in both.

I get the feeling we have been dummy spitting ever since we missed out on the inaugural and expect just putting in an application will get us in sometime.

There can be NO excuses for our club , I would have more respect for our position if we simply stated , we do not want to spend the required money to fund a competitive team in W NRL until we are sure we can make a profit/break even.Until then we will submit a token application.Because it appears that is what we are doing.

Back