• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Next week’s team…

Prowsey

Grand Master
Reaction score
…we have no chance of keeping the Panthers to under 60, so who do we throw to the lions next week?

Thank **** Milne did everything he could to self select himself out of next week’s team…to be fair to Milne, he was disoriented because he was actually on the sideline when making that tackle…and I think he was so panicked he tried to dive through Munster’s legs to get back to his comfort zone in the middle.

Anyway, the team to get trounced by Penrith is:

1. Cook
2. Gagai
3. Wighton
4. Anyone but Tass
5. Thompson
6. Cody (I mean who else is there?)
7. Gray
8. Moale
9. Mamo
10. Burgess
11. Murray
12. Host
13. Duncan
14. Havili
15. Chee Kam
16. Koloa
17. Arrow

We are running out of options I know, but we need to stop trying the same things and expecting a different outcome.

Hawkins adds nothing to our attack, sadly.

May as well give Gray a go at halfback.

And put Cook in at fullback…we couldn’t be much worse than we already are…can we?

It will be the same team minus Milne and of course the forward merry go round will come unto play.

Tbh we could trot out the Panthers team and with the current coach we would be poor.

It’s likely that Duncan Thompson & Keppie will come back in going by the coaches comments.
Round 10 may see Gray at 6 Cody 7. Not sure it can happen this week with no alternative FB options available

Hate to actually see a young half get a go in his preferred position……

We literally have no one available or waiting to play - everyone is injured 🤕 or suspended.

As I just posted in the match day thread Gray looked threatening but was exposed in attack and defence as a fullback.

The sooner he moves into the halves the better. Latrell can slot back into his 1 jersey when he comes back.

Next week I'd have Gagai fill in. Guess that leaves a vacancy on the wing.

As I just posted in the match day thread Gray looked threatening but was exposed in attack and defence as a fullback.

The sooner he moves into the halves the better. Latrell can slot back into his 1 jersey when he comes back.

Next week I'd have Gagai fill in. Guess that leaves a vacancy on the wing.
We just need one more week of Jye at fullback. Milne will be suspended so with Thompson coming in there really isn’t anyone else. Then against the Dragons I would put him there.

Next week's team...will be as ineffectual as last week's team irrespective of who we pick.

It's like we have a crap driver and pit crew and expect to win an F1 race from last on the grid by making nominal modifications to the car. We don't even know if the car's the bloody problem. BUT, it was competitive with a different driver (admittedly we swapped a proven steering system for an untested one).

Does the coach suck? His support team? The players? Or has the game just moved beyond our club in 18 months? Given we're locked to the bottom of the table with a shocking points differential, and getting worse, possibly all of the above.

Seems to me Richo was a bigger loss than Wayne. We were super competitive before and after Wayne. Momentum?

One thing's for sure, the Solly/JD slide has been spectacular. So do you evaluate the finer points while we spiral, or act swiftly on both counts to avoid total catastrophe?

Either way, can we please be spared the insulting JD press conferences? We've been showing signs of improvement for months according to JD. Clearly...

Thompson will come in for Milne. I can see Tallis getting a recall and possibly Keppie. Outside of that who else is really available for selection?

Tass, Host, Havili, Cook and Chee Kam should not be serious options for the team

Right now, don't care.

Need another day or two to get over last night.

Back