• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

News, General Articles and Discussion

No one seriously believes these idiots making up salaries and posting them as fact do they?
It can provide a bit of an idea of a players cost. Helps the punters discuss what we have left on the cap and what we can afford. If a figure looks reasonable then go with it. But no it is definately not totally accurate or fact.

I think assuming they are absolutely baseless is as fraught with danger as taking them as gospel.

No one seriously believes these idiots making up salaries and posting them as fact do they?
They’re ball park. Fun for a bit of conversation.
As 1 example though, Tom ain't on $600k, unless the reports of his extension where he took a pay cut to stay here for another year weren't true (~$450k from memory).

And another example is Cookie...where I've seen his salary ranging from $650k - $950k.

And I get their ballpark but they have an insidious aspect, when they overstate the salaries of players publicly (or understate I guess).

Until there is a NFL style publishing of all salaries, this stuff is just paper filler and can be twisted maliciously by organisations like NewsCorpse.

The reason why they got rid of Maloney may also have something to do with him being incredibly annoying. Apparently his antic are funny for a season or two but really start to grate on you after that. That is the reason he moved clubs so many times. I have heard this often in interviews with his old team mates.
I dug this up. After a blues try Malony pushed Parker in the back then ran behind Klemmer. Sort of backs up that annoying trait he apparently has.

Tele’s Rich List, the Souths contingent for 2024:

8 Mitchell - $1.1m

15 Murray - $1m

36 Wighton - $850k

59 Arrow - $700k

62 Cook - $700k

73 Graham - $650k

75 Koloamatangi - $650k

94 Burgess - $600k

104 Tatola - $600k

105 Walker - $600k
Apparently Wighton was on a bit less than that this year and Tom too.

Also I think Campbell and Keaon upgrades kick in next year along with Tatola

Just listening to James Graham interview Graham Annesley and he got him to explain his role.

Basically he’s responsible for everything wrong with the game. It was like a bingo card.

Referees - check
Match review - check
Judiciary - check
Draw integrity - check
HIA protocols - check
Pathways - check

Which is actually great in a way, ‘cause if we can get someone else actually good in this role, you can fix just about everything wrong with the game.

Just listening to James Graham interview Graham Annesley and he got him to explain his role.

Basically he’s responsible for everything wrong with the game. It was like a bingo card.

Referees - check
Match review - check
Judiciary - check
Draw integrity - check
HIA protocols - check
Pathways - check

Which is actually great in a way, ‘cause if we can get someone else actually good in this role, you can fix just about everything wrong with the game.
It’ll never happy but wouldve loved to see Gus give it a crack years ago… Wayne will be too old to care in a few years post coaching too. Who else springs to mind?

It’ll never happy but wouldve loved to see Gus give it a crack years ago… Wayne will be too old to care in a few years post coaching too. Who else springs to mind?
someone who has no ties to the current, or previous, management regime, and someone with no ties to a club.
An outsider.

Latest posts

Back