• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

News, General Articles and Discussion

It has the worst view of any ground in the NRL. It is always cold and miserable. The renovations you speak of are done on a budget and will still have the ground as the worst. Note the majority of the construction is for the shopping centre.

The leagues club is currently non-existent. When it’s eventually finished it will be only part of the shopping centre building. The public transport options are crap so people rarely went to the club when it was open, they preferred going to Northies after. Can’t see that changing. It will just be full of the unit owners.

No, I never asked for Redfern (was never going to happen). Hefron would work if they extended the light rail, but the cost to do it properly would be huge and couldn’t be justified.

P.S. I grew up in The Shire (now in St George), I know it too well. My dad looked after the VIP carpark. The northern end spots would literally be covered in water at higher tides.

I know all about it, I live in Cronulla
If it’s cold there it’s cold all over Sydney
The new stands & a potential Stand in the future to enclose most of the ground would still suit us
I understand that Souths supporters could whinge for Australia, I’ve been around long enough to see it but everyone whinges about Accor, when Allianz is suggested they whinge about that because they don’t want to share it with the chooks, they make ridiculous suggestions about either renovating Redfern, most haven’t been around Redfern for 20 yrs, or they suggest a multi, multi million dollar new stadium at Heffron, they ain’t happening obviously
But Shonk park, as a blueprint, in the Souths area with a leagues club next door as a starting point for the future is ridiculed too? I don’t go because I’m not a sharks supporter, but I’ve been many times in the past, and I envy them if they can keep developing it over the coming years, I have my doubts but we’ll see
Picky south's supporters are running out of options
For the record, I’m all for Allianz

It would take a serious win at all cost marque match to ever get me back to Shark Park, Brookevale or Leichhardt ever again.

Why pay and travel to go ‘see’ a game live that you can’t actually make out 50% of what’s going on?

Last time I went to Leichhardt I had to wait for people to cheer to know if someone had scored.

And Shark Park is worse. By a margin. Shark Park is the worst live experience I’ve ever had at an NRL game. And we won that night.
I didn't mind going to Endeavour when I was younger with my Dad. Souths Vs Sharks games were always a battle and Steve Rogers was a once in a lifetime player well worth the price of admission to see. But yes as Prowsey said it was bloody cold , but not nearly as cold as Seiffert Oval in Canberra. If I had to pick then that would be my most hated ground experience. Bloody long disappointing trek back after a loss as well.

0.08 is really low level DUI. There must be another reason in the background and this was the final straw. Anyone else thinks James Maloney looks like Lord Baelish from Game of Thrones.
It isn’t.

It’s classified as mid level.

But I agree that there’s probably other stuff that hasn’t been made public.

Hearing his interview with James Graham earlier in the year, I couldn’t help but wonder whether perhaps the Cowboys picked him up on a whim.

They had someone else lined up that fell through from memory?

And listening to him talk about coaching, it didn’t seem like someone you’d be stoked to employ as your first grade assistant.

Assuming he’s actually keen on the job, he struck me as someone that needed to spend some more time in the oven before getting an opportunity like that.

Maloney comes across as a total moron every time he opens his mouth.

He actually makes SBW and Blocker Roach sound intelligent.

I didn't get the Maloney appointment anyway. An assistant coach is usually either an explayer who has a bit of a history with the club or an ex NRL coach. I also don't get the Townsend appointment. Even though it is interim the Cows could get interest from several former coaches or better, promote from within their own coaching ranks.

The reason why they got rid of Maloney may also have something to do with him being incredibly annoying. Apparently his antic are funny for a season or two but really start to grate on you after that. That is the reason he moved clubs so many times. I have heard this often in interviews with his old team mates.

Tele’s Rich List, the Souths contingent for 2024:

8 Mitchell - $1.1m

15 Murray - $1m

36 Wighton - $850k

59 Arrow - $700k

62 Cook - $700k

73 Graham - $650k

75 Koloamatangi - $650k

94 Burgess - $600k

104 Tatola - $600k

105 Walker - $600k

Latest posts