• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

News, General Articles and Discussion

Probably a silly question but I am keen to find out the facts. When a player's run metres are recorded by the GPS tracker does it only measure forward movement or do players like Luai who dances around in circles and James Tedesco who crabs sideways get inflated stats? ( No bias in my question at all 🙄)
GPS trackers track movement in all directions. I’m pretty sure that run metres and measured goal to goal line though and are not based off GPS.
Could be (most likely) wrong

GPS trackers track movement in all directions. I’m pretty sure that run metres and measured goal to goal line though and are not based off GPS.
Could be (most likely) wrong
Yeah run metres aren't from GPS, and it's only forward movement

I’ll go us and the Bulldogs.

RABBITOHS’ RESOLVE RETURNS

For most of the last 18 months, South Sydney have looked lost and a shell of the side everyone knows they can be.

In recent weeks, they’ve turned a corner, exemplied by their impressive 22-12 win over the Brisbane Broncos in Round 15.

By halftime, Ben Hornby’s side were 18-0 and flying. Though that’s not to suggest they had it easy in the first 40. Brisbane had 46% of possession and a handful of sets inside the Rabbitohs 20, while Richie Kennar was sin binned in the 30th minute.

Yet, there was a resilient edge to the South Sydney goal line defence, one which suggests the side now have as much pride in keeping sides scoreless as they do in scoring themselves.

Speaking on Fox League’s coverage, former Bulldogs captained James Graham labelled the first half as “their best 40 minutes (this season).”

“What impressive me the most about South Sydney was the view that they looked united, they looked together for the very first time in a long time,” he said.

“They looked like they cared about one another, they cared about the result.

“The amount of opportunities the Broncos created where they just got through the line but South Sydney players were there to shut them down.”

For 66 minutes, the Rabbitohs held a Brisbane side that’s scoring four tries per game this season scoreless.

Granted, this is a Broncos outfit without Reece Walsh and Adam Reynolds, but there was still enough firepower, and opportunity, to breach South Sydney’s defence.

Former Broncos lock Corey Parker believes South Sydney’s Round 15 performance is night and day to some of the outings they had earlier in the season.

“From what it was to where they are right now, they are a completely different footy side,” Parker said.

“The intent and desperation we saw from their defensive line, we haven’t seen for a long period of time and it is starting to come back.

“That was their best performance in a long, long time.”

South Sydney have now won their last three matches and sit two wins outside the top eight. Their new-found defensive resolve and ever-present attacking potency mean they can beat anyone on their day.

Could this mean the Rabbitohs are back?

-------------------------------------------------
12 months yes but not the last 18 months.

Latest posts

Back