• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

News, General Articles and Discussion

Dont forget many here would boo Santa Clause if he had anything to do with the Roosters, Braith Anasta comes across as one of the better players who have gone into media and seems well spoken and intelligent, but having played for the Roosters some will never see it, the Roosters brings out the haters.
Do i hate anybody in the media?, no but i dont think James Graham is quite up to it, and cant forget his 2 head butts in 2014 final..
I think his demeanour toward us is less about the Roosters and more about Sam Burgess.

Dont forget many here would boo Santa Clause if he had anything to do with the Roosters, Braith Anasta comes across as one of the better players who have gone into media and seems well spoken and intelligent, but having played for the Roosters some will never see it, the Roosters brings out the haters.
Do i hate anybody in the media?, no but i dont think James Graham is quite up to it, and cant forget his 2 head butts in 2014 final..
No . It's his harassment of our club lately that he played his juniors at but assumed weren't good enough to play NRL for that brings out the haters, and I wouldn't call it hate; its more like dislike.

Its a professional sport, he can play for ever the damn hell he likes but it doesnt change him as a person, but feel free to dislike him and i would gladly shake his hand.
No . It's his harassment of our club lately that he played his juniors at but assumed weren't good enough to play NRL for that brings out the haters, and I wouldn't call it hate; its more like dislike.

Up to you. I personally wouldn't give respect to someone in media who decides to downgrade his junior club to all and sundry, but that's just me, and from what I can see there are plenty more with the same opinion, including our club's CEO.

You have your opinion on Braith and that’s fine. Up until a point last year Braith was fine and in fact very complimentary to Souths. However that has changed.

His interview with Blake the other night was embarrassing for himself and showed that he can’t be impartial with the way he was dismissive in everything Blake was saying. This was beyond throwing the tough questions at Blake.

The change had nothing to do with him being a Rooster. It was all to do with Sam and him being loyal to his mate. Yet his loyalty to his mate has thrown him under the bus.

Even last night they were trying to joke about not being a journalist. Braith hasn’t come out of this in the public eye looking good.

I guess he never studied to be a journo or achieved a degree as with many other players who make the jump, as for his relationship with Sam?, i guess loyalty clouded what he said and no it was not the best interview of Solly, but as i said is he really a journo?, either way i would rather listen to him than many other former players, im betting he improves with time.
You have your opinion on Braith and that’s fine. Up until a point last year Braith was fine and in fact very complimentary to Souths. However that has changed.

His interview with Blake the other night was embarrassing for himself and showed that he can’t be impartial with the way he was dismissive in everything Blake was saying. This was beyond throwing the tough questions at Blake.

The change had nothing to do with him being a Rooster. It was all to do with Sam and him being loyal to his mate. Yet his loyalty to his mate has thrown him under the bus.

Even last night they were trying to joke about not being a journalist. Braith hasn’t come out of this in the public eye looking good.

Braith was fine playing the straight man in the pantomime of NRL 360.

When he decided to be the attack dog he was woefully out of his depth.

Firstly, he didn't understand that he must be careful in his questioning due to conflict of interest, but worst of all, he committed the greatest sin in media - revealing your sources. Although it was clear to most people, it is now on the record that it was Sam who was leaking to NRL 360 last year. Solly even tried to give him the hint, but Braith was not smart enough to get it.

Feels like people are taking this whole COI way too seriously…..it’s sport and entertainment….its agenda driven and self interest is rife……it ain’t The Hague Court

Braith was fine playing the straight man in the pantomime of NRL 360.

When he decided to be the attack dog he was woefully out of his depth.

Firstly, he didn't understand that he must be careful in his questioning due to conflict of interest, but worst of all, he committed the greatest sin in media - revealing your sources. Although it was clear to most people, it is now on the record that it was Sam who was leaking to NRL 360 last year. Solly even tried to give him the hint, but Braith was not smart enough to get it.
So who is responsible for all the leaks coming out of the club this year?

So who is responsible for all the leaks coming out of the club this year?
Which leak are you referring to?

They don't all have to have the same source.

The leak concerning AJ's clash with the coach over the compliment he gave Latrell, came from a player who was at the meeting. I won't speculate who I think it is.

The situation with Mal, could've come from Mal's manager, or the art dealer who has a track record of getting himself known to journalists.

One thing you can be sure about, the leak does not come from the party who stands to look bad as a result of the leak.

Which leak are you referring to?

They don't all have to have the same source.

The leak concerning AJ's clash with the coach over the compliment he gave Latrell, came from a player who was at the meeting. I won't speculate who I think it is.

The situation with Mal, could've come from Mal's manager, or the art dealer who has a track record of getting himself known to journalists.

One thing you can be sure about, the leak does not come from the party who stands to look bad as a result of the lea

Those were the two I was thinking of ,also the media knew JD was gone before the players.

Those were the two I was thinking of ,also the media knew JD was gone before the players.
I think the news of the sacking getting to the media before the players had more to do with the timing of the meeting (given Pappas was overseas).

If the sacking happened in work hours, the players would've been told before the media. As it happened the coach and players had left the building.

After the decision was made in the evening, JD would have been informed and I would imagine he begins to contact players and it eventually gets out.

I don't think there is anything sinister about how the sacking news made the media.

Latest posts

Back