• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

News, General Articles and Discussion

That's half time, Panthers and Bulldogs 6-all. How did you see the first half, Jason?

"I'm loving the energy shown by the Bulldogs tonight. They've really stuck to their process and it's shownig out on the field"
“Kevvie has really screwed up by giving all these young athletic kids a go. Why the hell is he not playing Marty Taupua & Corey Oates?”

“The scoreboard says 20-12 at HT but all tries have been off kicks so really….” 🤪

That's half time, Panthers and Bulldogs 6-all. How did you see the first half, Jason?

"I'm loving the energy shown by the Bulldogs tonight. They've really stuck to their process and it's shownig out on the field"
The bulldogs are “beating themselves” , the Panthers might be up by six on the scoreboard but they are actually down by 12 because tries off kicks don’t count…🤔

On NRL360 and so forth.

Danny Weidler wrote a little hit piece on kenty.

They very much seem to dislike each other but I was intrigued with the ratings figures he shows at the bottom of his article.

I'm an "AC Neilsen" family and it's really annoying to be honest. You get all TVs hooked up to this annoying sensor like thing and have to have another TV remote for every single television you own and if you forget to click on the remote when you turn your TV on it waits about a minute and then starts beeping loudly at you until you do it. Anyway, end rant. Here's the article.

The absence of Paul Kent from Fox Sports could be a bonus for the network if its ratings when he was stood down last year are any guide.

The culture at Fox Sports is again in question after the street fight that resulted in the sidelining of its loudest and most prominent voice, but the company says what happened does not reflect the organisation.

Fox Sports co-host and Daily Telegraph journalist Kent was charged on Wednesday with affray following a street fight in Sydney’s inner west last Saturday night.

Kent was also found not guilty of domestic violence charges in December.

The problem is Kent’s gradual unravelling during the past few months has been the talk of rugby league circles and has been well known to those who work with him at Fox. We have asked Kent, Fox Sports and his boss and best mate, Steve Crawley, about any individual support he received and no one has replied.

Those closest to him in the media have made it clear they were concerned for him.

Kent often criticised rugby league players for making poor choices, and for some time now the same has been whispered about him. His recent issues reflect badly on those who have backed him through some testing times.

Having been charged by police, Kent’s career has been tipped on its head, much like he was outside that Rozelle pub on Saturday.

There is little sympathy for this sad episode in the NRL playing and coaching community. Kent’s role as the media tough guy was encouraged as he ripped into people in the game with very little sympathy or understanding. If his on-air persona is different to his actual persona, he deserves a Logie.

As a 54-year-old man, Kent has to take responsibility for the majority of what he has brought upon himself, but anyone could see he was in need of help. In his first few weeks back on air after being found not guilty of a domestic violence charge, it was obvious his thinking was clouded and his delivery was not what it used to be. Kent was forced to apologise for one on-air blunder, where he made outrageous accusations about the conduct of new Wests Tigers boss Shane Richardson.

It is also unfair on Kent’s NRL 360 co-host Braith Anasta that he is having to explain the situation.

Anasta was the one who told viewers that Kent would be absent from the program for the second time in 12 months.

Police charging Kent and his subsequent standing down may have done Fox Sports a favour, however. Ratings for NRL 360 were up in Kent’s absence last year, and Anasta wasn’t shy in letting his 50,000 Instagram followers know about it.

Gorden Tallis relished the opportunity to step in with Kent gone and helped resurrect Fox’s dwindling figures, particularly in Queensland. A quick look at OzTAM ratings will be proof enough for Fox executives that now might be the time for change.

On April 24 last year, before Kent was stood down following the domestic violence charges, the show could only scrape together 28,000 viewers for its live broadcast in the five-city metro market of Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth. By July – with Tallis well entrenched – that audience was regularly in excess of 40,000. By September, it was more than 50,000.

Kent was quietly reinstated for the NRL’s season openers in Las Vegas in March, but the show now regularly misses the top 250 ratings list. That was the case on Tuesday when just 11,000 watched in Sydney and 6000 in Brisbane. James Graham was impressive as Kent’s replacement on Monday.

During the first few days of the week, there have been no approaches to Tallis to do the job again.

Speaking of Crawley, what’s happened to Paul? I don’t see anything in print media either
He's the boss of Fox Sports I believe.

He's mentioned in despatches because he's great mates with K*nt

He's the boss of Fox Sports I believe.

He's mentioned in despatches because he's great mates with K*nt
Steve Crawley is the head of television FOX sports.

I have no idea where Paul Crawley has been this year.

I believe they are brothers.

On Graham, it’s nice to see him talk so clearly and without pause on 360. No knock, but on his podcast there’s a fair bit of stammer and stutter. Which is his vibe.

Interesting on 360 tonight they singled out Cook as the guy on a pay packet to be cast aside for cap relief. Suggesting the Dragons as a suitor.

Braith Anasta Is Not A Doctor But He is a Clown and a Traitor and an Agenda-Driven Liar: It says plenty about Braith Anasta that in a week when Paul Kent was thrown off NRL 360 for picking a fight and being thrown into a tree that the most embarrassing moment for the show was Anasta’s interview of South Sydney CEO Blake Solly.

Anasta – and the show – looked about as competent as a cat food taster without either a tongue or a cat. Anasta has had his panties in a knot and riding deep up the Payne Haas about South Sydney and how they have treated his client Lachlan Ilias, despite the club giving Ilias 18 months longer than he deserved.

Anasta is a player manager who has used his platform to push his clients, an obscene conflict of interest that would not be tolerated in any other sport or any other industry yet Anasta flies about in his blissful ignorance like a stoner watching Scooby Doo after his third breakfast bong.

Being allowed to grill a club boss under such circumstances is abhorrent on Fox Sports’ behalf. It only got worse.

Anasta then revealed the contents of a private conversation with his “mate” Sam Burgess all while denying that he was a journalist – said with a straight face – as he was hosting his nightly television program.

He was rightly skewered by Solly on the show and should have been skewered by his mate – and likely former mate – Sam Burgess, for breaching Burgess’ confidence.

While nobody is mistaking Anasta for either Bob Woodward or Carl Bernstein or the junior editor of the crayon-heavy Daycare Delight, he is a paid commentator hosting a television program on the channel of the official broadcaster.

He revealed a source, did not acknowledge any conflict of interest and used his platform to pursue a personal agenda.

That is to mention nothing of his lack of research or preparedness that would, or at least should, embarrass anybody in Anasta’s position.

In a wild rant he veered from criticising player development to the recruitment and retention at Souths, clearly trying to push the narrative that Souths had let Ilias down.

When Solly sought clarity about whether he was walking development or roster management, a flustered Anasta said “everything”.

That interview was a disgrace and South Sydney should be proud they had a man in charge with the temperament not to laugh Anasta off the screen.

Braith Anasta Is Not A Doctor But He is a Clown and a Traitor and an Agenda-Driven Liar: It says plenty about Braith Anasta that in a week when Paul Kent was thrown off NRL 360 for picking a fight and being thrown into a tree that the most embarrassing moment for the show was Anasta’s interview of South Sydney CEO Blake Solly.

Anasta – and the show – looked about as competent as a cat food taster without either a tongue or a cat. Anasta has had his panties in a knot and riding deep up the Payne Haas about South Sydney and how they have treated his client Lachlan Ilias, despite the club giving Ilias 18 months longer than he deserved.

Anasta is a player manager who has used his platform to push his clients, an obscene conflict of interest that would not be tolerated in any other sport or any other industry yet Anasta flies about in his blissful ignorance like a stoner watching Scooby Doo after his third breakfast bong.

Being allowed to grill a club boss under such circumstances is abhorrent on Fox Sports’ behalf. It only got worse.

Anasta then revealed the contents of a private conversation with his “mate” Sam Burgess all while denying that he was a journalist – said with a straight face – as he was hosting his nightly television program.

He was rightly skewered by Solly on the show and should have been skewered by his mate – and likely former mate – Sam Burgess, for breaching Burgess’ confidence.

While nobody is mistaking Anasta for either Bob Woodward or Carl Bernstein or the junior editor of the crayon-heavy Daycare Delight, he is a paid commentator hosting a television program on the channel of the official broadcaster.

He revealed a source, did not acknowledge any conflict of interest and used his platform to pursue a personal agenda.

That is to mention nothing of his lack of research or preparedness that would, or at least should, embarrass anybody in Anasta’s position.

In a wild rant he veered from criticising player development to the recruitment and retention at Souths, clearly trying to push the narrative that Souths had let Ilias down.

When Solly sought clarity about whether he was walking development or roster management, a flustered Anasta said “everything”.

That interview was a disgrace and South Sydney should be proud they had a man in charge with the temperament not to laugh Anasta off the screen.
Yes Anasta certainly put his clown suit on for that interview. Get set for more of the same unless Illias goes to new management or leaves our club. If my young bloke was looking for a manager, I'd be steering well clear of him as clubs are probably not going to want to deal with him.

Yes Anasta certainly put his clown suit on for that interview. Get set for more of the same unless Illias goes to new management or leaves our club. If my young bloke was looking for a manager, I'd be steering well clear of him as clubs are probably not going to want to deal with him.
And yet we have posters on here - yep I’m looking at you @CCR 😘 - who’re defending him.

Nick neatly skewers what a Ning Nong Bwaith is.

And yet we have posters on here - yep I’m looking at you @CCR 😘 - who’re defending him.

Nick neatly skewers what a Ning Nong Bwaith is.
Hard to understand how anyone can defend him after what he's been saying about our club. He's been sounding very Rooster like lately.

Hard to understand how anyone can defend him after what he's been saying about our club. He's been sounding very Rooster like lately.
I think his demeanour toward us is less about the Roosters and more about Sam Burgess.

Back