• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

News, General Articles and Discussion

Living in Far North Queensland I don't get to attend many games but may well be in Sydney for the May 25 Eels game at Accor. Any suggestions on where to sit for both view and other Rabbitohs supporters. Is there a preferred way to book eg thru club etc? Its been quite a few years since i have been at that ground so i am not so familiar these days. My last live game was last years disappointing Perth game v Sharks.
Thanks in advance

Living in Far North Queensland I don't get to attend many games but may well be in Sydney for the May 25 Eels game at Accor. Any suggestions on where to sit for both view and other Rabbitohs supporters. Is there a preferred way to book eg thru club etc? Its been quite a few years since i have been at that ground so i am not so familiar these days. My last live game was last years disappointing Perth game v Sharks.
Thanks in advance

General admission on the west side would be my suggestion. Most of 5ne crowd is there as the season ticket holders are

Buzz declared in NRL360 that Wayne is 3 years. That’s from Solly.

And Graham declared Souths have spoken to Delaney without speaking to St Helens and they aren’t standing for it.

Side note: James Graham is officially anti Souths management. I assume because of how the Sam situation was handled. Can’t think of any other reason. He’s gone from being Souths neutral, to having a fairly obvious axe to grind.

And that’s not being precious. Like Braith, I think there are genuine gripes with Souths executive.

James has openly said a number of times on his podcast that he doesnt like Souths from his playing days and all the run ins he had with us. Fair enough.

I thought his Delaney comment was A - little stupid and B - said in a way to drum up some more media attention and criticism.

The Tele had a list of English players we were going over to speak to. I’m sure St Helens and a number of other clubs knew Ello was in town. Did Ello kidnap Delaney? Do you think his agent wasnt aware? I get James has plenty of connections at St Helens so probably some truth (or their version of it) but if Delaney wants to bounce, Souths want him and stump up the transfer fee, I look forward to St Helens stopping him 🤥🤥

NRL360 is pantomime. Paul Kent plays a role. He does it well because he's a massive ******** IRL. Now he's gone, so they've got James Graham in to play that role.

Graham has a completely different tone in all other media. Perhaps the same opinions, but not with the vitriol that NRL360 requires to create clicks.

NRL360 is pantomime. Paul Kent plays a role. He does it well because he's a massive ******** IRL. Now he's gone, so they've got James Graham in to play that role.

Graham has a completely different tone in all other media. Perhaps the same opinions, but not with the vitriol that NRL360 requires to create clicks.
Oh yeah, he’s definitely playing a character on 360. Appropriately for what they’re going for. Also keeps his podcast fresh.

Wade Graham was giving it to him on Triple M. Paraphrasing: ‘You go on NRL360 once and now you have to disagree with everything.’

Oh yeah, he’s definitely playing a character on 360. Appropriately for what they’re going for. Also keeps his podcast fresh.
Yes...and he will suffer the same fate as Kent.

People can see right through it, and it won't be long before he loses all credibility. People respect opinions that are genuinely held, not those that allow you to play a character role or be a media gun-for-hire.

People can see right through it, and it won't be long before he loses all credibility. People respect opinions that are genuinely held, not those that allow you to play a character role or be a media gun-for-hire.
I mean I agree, but talkback radio and social media begs to differ.

‘People’ want their dumb opinions born out of frustration and anger confirmed. Not nuanced debate. Especially on a show that needs 3 hours of controversy every single week of the season.

The media used to report the news. Now they make it.

I mean I agree, but talkback radio and social media begs to differ.

‘People’ want their dumb opinions born out of frustration and anger confirmed. Not nuanced debate. Especially on a show that needs 3 hours of controversy every single week of the season.

The media used to report the news. Now they make it.
All true...but it is bloody hard for someone of my vintage to watch it or listen to it.

I grew up before the social media/internet/cable TV era and the journalists who wrote on the game, were quality. They were impartial and gave their honest opinion. It was hard to find news about your club and the game, so you gravitated to any sports show or newspaper article.

I have no inside knowledge of my club and watch these shows to figure out what is happening. I now have to parse every comment these idiots make to eliminate the bias and agenda. I can't stand it!

Last edited:
All true...but it is bloody hard for someone of my vintage to watch it or listen to it.

I grew up before the social media/internet/cable TV era and the journalists who wrote on the game, were quality. They were impartial and gave their honest opinion. It was hard to find news about your club and the game, so you gravitated to any sports show or newspaper article.

I have no inside knowledge of my club and watch these shows to figure out what is happening. I now have to parse every comment these idiots make to eliminate the bias and agenda. I can't stand it!
Well said.

There was an interesting piece in Weedler's gossip column on Sunday.

Basically laying the boot into K*nt - he said that the ratings for NRL360 quintupled when K*nt was on his first off field incident hiatus.

And that it's fallen back to the K*nt levels since he's been back on.

I think it reinforces your point (and made by me previously, far less eloquently). Having shouty biased **** heads yelling at you is a turn off.

In depth analysis by journalists/commentators without obvious biases is a turn on.

But Creepy Crawley rewards his mates and doesn't give a **** about ratings.

You’re implying James Graham ever had any credibility? It blows my mind that a bloke who was such a knob end on the field can be forging a career in the media! He was a biter, for God’s sake!!! Though Ennis was a total toolbox in his playing days, he never bit anyone and is at least quite likeable when commentating…James Graham doesn’t even have that going for him!
Oh, and his accent is annoying too! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 🧰

You’re implying James Graham ever had any credibility? It blows my mind that a bloke who was such a knob end on the field can be forging a career in the media! He was a biter, for God’s sake!!! Though Ennis was a total toolbox in his playing days, he never bit anyone and is at least quite likeable when commentating…James Graham doesn’t even have that going for him!
Oh, and his accent is annoying too! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 🧰
Plenty in the media make you think how did this happen. Geyer and Roach are two more examples. How on earth did those two get gigs in the media ? Tunks was another, but he seems to have retired from 2SM. Kids who go and do bachelors degrees in media must be quite peeved when they look at some of these ex- players getting big money gigs in media these days.

Tele reporting JD has picked up a job with Triple M. No surprise given his personality and how well he generally speaks.
That's half time, Panthers and Bulldogs 6-all. How did you see the first half, Jason?

"I'm loving the energy shown by the Bulldogs tonight. They've really stuck to their process and it's shownig out on the field"

Back