• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

News, General Articles and Discussion

Correct and he has no fuse but I have no doubt the other blokes said a fair bit of shit to him
Being a recognisable media figure you‘d think he’d have a strategy for dealing with public jibes and insults other than to resort to initiating a street fight. Surely he’d know only too well that everyone has a mobile phone and it only takes 1 to snap a photo or video with the potential to destroy his career….he‘s only too willing to give that advice to ‘boofhead’ footballers and make a living out of it. Seems there’s a fair bit of boofhead in his persona.

Being a recognisable media figure you‘d think he’d have a strategy for dealing with public jibes and insults

In a perfect world yes but everyone has a breaking point. I have minimal respect for what kent does but even less for people who think they can attack/abuse blokes like him in the street.
im not sure how people think that’s acceptable behaviour

Meatheads with a hero complex

In a perfect world yes but everyone has a breaking point. I have minimal respect for what kent does but even less for people who think they can attack/abuse blokes like him in the street.

He’d be better off hiring a big, beefy bodyguard if he wants to square up an antagoniser in a public space….or better still practise smart, witty come backs. When you‘re 5ft 2 probably not wise to throw your weight around.

Completely agree that noone should be be verbally abused / attacked going about their day to day lives. If I saw Paul K*nt in the street, I wouldn't walk up to him and start abusing him.

But "if you lay down with dogs, you get up with fleas" - his overtly aggressive opinionated approach has contributed to this alleged situation. In short he's a dick head (allegedly 🤣).

I hear the bloke asked Paul Kent if he was Phil Rothfield and Kent said 'I've been called many insulting things in my life, but nobody calls me Phil Rothfield'

I actually pegged him incorrectly.

I always thought through his articles and abhorent diatribes on both the telegraph and nrl360, that he was a card carrying member of the conservatives.

Turns out he is a massive tree hugger.

Completely agree that noone should be be verbally abused / attacked going about their day to day lives. If I saw Paul K*nt in the street, I wouldn't walk up to him and start abusing him.

But "if you lay down with dogs, you get up with fleas" - his overtly aggressive opinionated approach has contributed to this alleged situation. In short he's a dick head (allegedly 🤣).
Unfortunately the boofheads are out there and when you add alcohol it’s a recipe for that kind of behaviour. It’s how you deal with that reality when you’re a celeb or media figure. Kent will pay a big price for defending his honour and I got the distinct impression that he had ample opportunity to handle it differently.

That was Murray, he is doing some really stupid crap this year

I actually pegged him incorrectly.

I always thought through his articles and abhorent diatribes on both the telegraph and nrl360, that he was a card carrying member of the conservatives.

Turns out he is a massive tree hugger.
Does a pretty good headstand too!😅

Tom Amone was playing for us in a game they showed on Foxtel yesterday against the panthers as they do before a head to head clash.

Job finished early so had time to chill in the hotel and I genuinely questioned as he made a grass cutting tackle on one of the panthers forwards "who's this guy? I don't really remember him"

He actually seemed really decent and I thought "we could do with a no nonsense forward like him again"

Then I kept watching and the panthers beat us (probably not his fault)

Tom Amone was playing for us in a game they showed on Foxtel yesterday against the panthers as they do before a head to head clash.

Job finished early so had time to chill in the hotel and I genuinely questioned as he made a grass cutting tackle on one of the panthers forwards "who's this guy? I don't really remember him"

He actually seemed really decent and I thought "we could do with a no nonsense forward like him again"

Then I kept watching and the panthers beat us (probably not his fault)

He had a lot of promise but injured a lot

Gould fined $20K for calling the game stupid.
The problem with Gould is he wants every game of footy to be a cliffhanger, with the two teams fighting it out in the last 5 minutes with only a point or two in it.
When a team is behind he doesn't want their tries disallowed, regardless of what the refs see.

The problem with Gould is he wants every game of footy to be a cliffhanger, with the two teams fighting it out in the last 5 minutes with only a point or two in it.
When a team is behind he doesn't want their tries disallowed, regardless of what the refs see.
And he and the other "media heavyweights" cause most of the problems we have because they constantly whinge, without a great degree of consistency and then when the NRL knee jerks to try and appease them, they whinge about that.

Back