• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

News, General Articles and Discussion

No point ‘buying the shitfight’ as they did in 06, if you end up with a fractured privately owned board room.

Having said that, I reckon the power struggle is a beat up. It just doesn’t seem like something Crowe would allow to happen. He and Pappas are veterans. I doubt they’d let a difference of opinion put the club at risk.

Seems like an opportunistic narrative given the situation.

Though the drawn out announcement today does suggest some robust discussion.
Absolutely

Could be a complete rouse to throw the media off that Bennett is already a done deal

We know Wayne doesn’t like things getting into the media until he’s ready

Or it could be accurate 🤷🏾

I liked Solly saying one of the mandates will be to get minutes into the up and coming guys.

Being out of contention sucks, but don’t waste the opportunity to get a real good look (at the NRL level) at your gen next. Their development will be invaluable for the next man up.

Moale, Mamouzelos, Munro, Gray, Duncan, even Fletcher and Mellars perhaps by the back end of the year. Expose them, get them some minutes and experience, and strengthen the guys that are going to occupy spots 14-20 of your roster.
My feeling is that a sign of a good coach is someone who isn't afraid to throw a young player in the deep end.

Gould fined $20K for calling the game stupid.
That's 20K he won't be able to throw on No 6 in the 2nd at Randwick on Saturday. ( Just pulled that horse out of thin air, probably worth a punt now } 🤣

Back