• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

News, General Articles and Discussion

Kent agitated for it.

The other guy was a fair distance away and even backs off.

Kent takes his watch off, runs past people trying to pacify him and then headbutts a tree stump.

Once he is sacked a career in tumbling might be on the cards.

The main issue is that K*nt will typically be the first to go hard on a player doing something similar. It's like the politician who preaches family values, only to be caught out having an affair or worse.

I'm sure a lot of us have had similar experiences in our 20's but ffs how old is K*nt?
Normalising it does not help. Tbh I've never been in a drunken fight but that's probably just my personality. He has anger issues and there is no way that behaviour should be normalised. Fox has a duty of care to get him help. With all the focus on violence against women I think it's time to say hey there are othwr ways to sort issues.

If you are stupid enough to get involved in violence in the street it's inevitable you'll either get hurt or made a complete fool of.

Kent is obviously a bit of a ******** and looks pretty stupid now, but again I don't see an issue. This shit happens and should result in a good mate saying "grow the **** up and act like an adult".

I fear one day though that someone will really put one on his jaw and cause some real damage.

Walk away bro, walk away, you're not 20 any more.

Storm in a tea cup.

I would suggest almost everyone alive has had a bit of a push and a shove in the street, if not a full on fight, especially if baited.

There is a bit of hypocrisy associated with this too.

We have had any number of posters on the Pride tell us about physical run ins they've had with opposition fans, and they boast about it and seem proud of their behaviour.

It's accepted as "one of those things", but if it's Kent he has mental/anger management issues and should be sacked.

Tis the world of Karens these days.

Move on, nothing to see here.
What?? No mate, not since I was 19.

What’s was on that video is not normal behaviour for a 50 yr old bloke. Especially someone who has been accused of DV.

To be honest I feel sorry for Kenty. He clearly has some problems, whether theyve tried to be addressed or not who knows but no doubt those boys wouldve been baiting & chirping him and for what purpose/outcome?
Plenty of players go through the same thing. I guess the joys of being in the spotlight and going out in public.

Drinking is the biggest issue here. It isn’t the first time he has been baited. These videos aren’t designed to see what lead up to the incident. No doubt he has much more to lose than the other guy.

What makes it even worse for him is how over the years he has attacked players for their behaviour out in public.

“Public figures have a responsibility”, “if you can’t handle your drink you shouldn’t drink”, “it’s not a good look for the game”, “forget the NRL, Fox need to step in here”. Sorry, just thought I’d throw some Kentesque cliches into the mix on Kent’s behalf. And one for Buzz, “It’s Kenty I’m worried about. Fox has a duty of care”.

What?? No mate, not since I was 19.

What’s was on that video is not normal behaviour for a 50 yr old bloke. Especially someone who has been accused of DV.

I don't really think age has much to do with it, it's not normal behaviour regardless of age.

However it's common among young people, have a drink at just about any pub or club and you'll see a push and shove.

Storm in a tea cup.

I would suggest almost everyone alive has had a bit of a push and a shove in the street, if not a full on fight, especially if baited.

There is a bit of hypocrisy associated with this too.

We have had any number of posters on the Pride tell us about physical run ins they've had with opposition fans, and they boast about it and seem proud of their behaviour.

It's accepted as "one of those things", but if it's Kent he has mental/anger management issues and should be sacked.

Tis the world of Karens these days.

Move on, nothing to see here.

Yeah but would it happen if we he had a high profile job in the media that would pay him quite comfortably compared to the ordinary man on the street?

That's the differnce

Issues with alcohol being a factor aside...

You want a career as a shock jock, taking pot shots left, right and centre, then you need to be able to handle randos in the street taking pot shots at you.

If you can't handle the heat...

Let's get real.
If I did it I'd be sacked or suspended and be given support to get me head together.

The biggest issue is that this behaviour is seen as normal. I was obviously very shelted growing up. I saw fights but never through oh that's normal.

Kent agitated for it.

The other guy was a fair distance away and even backs off.

Kent takes his watch off, runs past people trying to pacify him and then headbutts a tree stump.

Once he is sacked a career in tumbling might be on the cards.
He should consider himself very lucky that he didn’t end up with a fractured skull or spine damage, also that the bloke didn’t go on with it when Kent was laying on the gutter. It could have been very ugly indeed.

Yes. They would have been baiting him but an adult needs to be able to control himself. If the drink stops that ability you need to stop drinking. He has mental health issues and needs support.
You‘d think he would have developed some sort of technique for handling public interactions like that, obviously the grog has overridden whatever may have been his standard reaction. No excuse though, apart from being dangerous it has now put him into another career threatening episode, much like the players he‘s only too keen to lambast when they get involved in the same sort of caper.

Back