• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

News, General Articles and Discussion

Not sure about the radley part.

In actuality, I've been a bit down the rabbit hole in regards to just who is the biggest politis rentboy in the current media, and by a big margin it is dean ritchie.

Then I think of the injuries Robinson has had to deal with and I feel sad.
To quote my favourite TV show of all time:

"Was he always like that? Spineless, weak. A dignified face with nothing behind it. He doesn’t care about ‘treason.’ That’s just him parroting you because you talked to him last. If he spoke to a janitor he’d be passionately declaiming about a f***ing mop! It’s agonizing."

What’s with the ‘Radley abandoned by NSW, exactly what they need’ talk of late?

Have heard it a few times on panel shows.

The smartest thing Radley’s done is commit to England realising he was never getting past Yeo and Murray.

So it seems two young halves are gone.

Wonder if we are looking for a halfback.

So it seems two young halves are gone.

Wonder if we are looking for a halfback.
I think what Reggy is saying Sanders and another half? Have signed for other clubs and not available…

So he is asking if we are looking for a half?

Short answer would be no…..whilst our coaching situation is in flux I can’t see any major roster changes.

Walker and Ilias will be here for at least next year. Most likely change is Gray into the halves

No mate, in fact in great shape. And left that out because I didn't want to imply that you were.

Sorry, was just continuing the Beatle lyric thing, never even thought about it being taken literally. 🎸

Overly dramatic to use the word abandon, a change to reflect our required involvment with ANZAC Day, yes Day, one day, is hardly abandonment.

It should be remembered that without the involvement of our armed forces in WW1 and WW2 we probably would all be playing Origami instead of Origin and would have no rugby league or South Sydney.

We haven't compromised our identity in any way. There is a large Rabbitoh emblem on the jersey, unless you're Stevie Wonder you can identify this easily.

For you perhaps.

However the Souths marketing area in conjunction with the NRL have decided to go another way and highlight the Navy with the Navy Blue being the selected colour.

I can assure you doing this for one match will not impact me, you or any other supporter in any way.
I am struggling to grasp what difference it makes, especially when the cause is for a sacred day in Australian and New Zealand history.

It's called revenue, it's how a business stays afloat.

We "Abandon" the red stripes for bright pink ones for the Women in League round, is that a problem?
We are not pink and green, we are red and green, have a problem with that too?

View attachment 2363

I'm 64 too, times, standards and marketing requirements change.
We all get that you support blue and white for a day. Good for you. You’re entitled to it. No problem. But there are those of us who don’t agree. It’s called an opinion or preference. That’s what makes the world go around.

Those of us see red and green as a given - it’s what we are recognised by. It’s our brand…. and those WW1 and WW2 Souths Diggers were probably wearing red and green on underneath! For an onlooker, if we do beat Melbourne for the first time it won’t be in red and green which would be unfortunate I feel. Rabbit emblem has only been used since my birth year, 1959. Red and green defines us.

The women’s jersey is instantly recognisable as Souths and is a not a great comparison to navy.

I think we gave more than enough jerseys to make money. I’m all for revenue raising. But in red and green. I wear it wherever I go travelling around the world. You wouldn’t spot the RSG (“Random Souths Guy”) if he was wearing this jersey!

We all have things Souths that are dear to us daRque. That’s fine. All good.

Much more important is your health. Great to hear positives. I enjoy your posts and the banter that goes with it! All the very best mate. May it be a great ANZAC Day!
(Win, lose or draw!)

I think we gave more than enough jerseys to make money. I’m all for revenue raising. But in red and green. I wear it wherever I go travelling around the world. You wouldn’t spot the RSG (“Random Souths Guy”) if he was wearing this jersey!
Anyone notice other teams supporters wearing their jerseys to games not involving them recently?
I saw a few different ones at the Good Friday game.
I hope they know there ain't no second prize.
Random Souths Guy is the original and the best.
I first noticed it in the 90's, and I reckon it's been going on forever.
Glory Glory

Leniu isn't racist
Young wasn't a send off
Jennings isn't violent against women
Touma isn't a bully

Yeah forgive me if your opinion isn't worth the paper it's written on, Robbo
And this is the guy who has fostered and defended JWH's tackling style.
If you watch him closely, he'll avoid the first up collision if he can and then come flying in trying to injure the opposing player, preferably in the head. In the finals game 2 years ago when he got sinbinned, the ref said that he DELIBERATELY slammed George's head into the turf. And Robbo defends him. He is the luckiest coach I've ever seen, yet he is revered as this, wise man philosopher of all thing life and League. I don't get it.

Re: the Trindall thing, I didn’t realise the NRL’s illicit drug policy only counted for the 24 hours of game day (part of the new cba).

Their approach to the other 6 days is, go for it, just don’t get caught.

RLPA have made some ground it seems since McGuiness and Field got 12 months for a pre season test.

Leniu isn't racist
Young wasn't a send off
Jennings isn't violent against women
Touma isn't a bully

Yeah forgive me if your opinion isn't worth the paper it's written on, Robbo

But butt buttttt what about their great culture 🤪

Latest posts

Back