• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

News, General Articles and Discussion

Souths fans, complain about a colour change for one day, because we are red and green not navy blue.

At the same time spend hundreds on black and white hoodies to wear 365, are we the Magpies?

Go figure.

Apparently not a word from the clowns on NRL360 last night... hmmm Sharks player, I wonder why
I know we get a bit paranoid sometimes as Souths fans, but seriously.. Imagine if the exact circumstance involved Trell, or to a lesser extent, Cody. Pandemonium and they'd be salivating at the gift that landed in their laps

Overly dramatic to use the word abandon, a change to reflect our required involvment with ANZAC Day, yes Day, one day, is hardly abandonment.

It should be remembered that without the involvement of our armed forces in WW1 and WW2 we probably would all be playing Origami instead of Origin and would have no rugby league or South Sydney.

We haven't compromised our identity in any way. There is a large Rabbitoh emblem on the jersey, unless you're Stevie Wonder you can identify this easily.

For you perhaps.

However the Souths marketing area in conjunction with the NRL have decided to go another way and highlight the Navy with the Navy Blue being the selected colour.

I can assure you doing this for one match will not impact me, you or any other supporter in any way.
I am struggling to grasp what difference it makes, especially when the cause is for a sacred day in Australian and New Zealand history.

It's called revenue, it's how a business stays afloat.

We "Abandon" the red stripes for bright pink ones for the Women in League round, is that a problem?
We are not pink and green, we are red and green, have a problem with that too?

View attachment 2363

I'm 64 too, times, standards and marketing requirements change.
Overly dramatic to use the word abandon, a change to reflect our required involvment with ANZAC Day, yes Day, one day, is hardly abandonment.

It should be remembered that without the involvement of our armed forces in WW1 and WW2 we probably would all be playing Origami instead of Origin and would have no rugby league or South Sydney.

We haven't compromised our identity in any way. There is a large Rabbitoh emblem on the jersey, unless you're Stevie Wonder you can identify this easily.

For you perhaps.

However the Souths marketing area in conjunction with the NRL have decided to go another way and highlight the Navy with the Navy Blue being the selected colour.

I can assure you doing this for one match will not impact me, you or any other supporter in any way.
I am struggling to grasp what difference it makes, especially when the cause is for a sacred day in Australian and New Zealand history.

It's called revenue, it's how a business stays afloat.

We "Abandon" the red stripes for bright pink ones for the Women in League round, is that a problem?
We are not pink and green, we are red and green, have a problem with that too?

View attachment 2363

I'm 64 too, times, standards and marketing requirements change.
Send me a postcard, drop me a line, stating point of view. Indicate precisely what you mean to say ....
Also sixty four.

I know we get a bit paranoid sometimes as Souths fans, but seriously.. Imagine if the exact circumstance involved Trell, or to a lesser extent, Cody. Pandemonium and they'd be salivating at the gift that landed in their laps
On the same day you have Dean Ritchie defending Jack Hetherington's tunnel antics as good because "it put pests in their place".

He would be all holier-than-thou if that were Latrell, or Victory Radley, or someone on the "naughty list".

I dunno mate I read about a million of these headlines -
“NRL star Nicho Hynes’ mum arrested for shoplifting”
“’I can do better now’: Hynes’ big statement as Origin hopeful opens up on mum’s heroin drama”

How and what the media reports is directly linked to player profile and club profile…
The Sharks are probably the lowest profile club in Sydney along with Manly and I doubt anyone outside of an avid NRL supporter knows who Branden Trindall is so the media is not going to dwell on it….if it had been Paul Gallen I can guarantee it would be front and centre.

Rugby league community rocked by the sudden death of Terry Hill​

Dean Ritchie
Terry Hill has sadly passed away.

Former NSW and Australian centre Terry Hill has died in the Philippines.
It is understood he passed away from a heart attack.

A rugged centre with a colourful background, Hill had been spending more time in the Philippines during recent years.

He has been working with a charity overseas.

Hill’s family have been notified of his death.

He played 246 first grade games for Souths, Easts, Wests, Manly and Wests Tigers between 1990 and 2003.

“He was a typical kid from Erskineville,” said former Souths teammate Craig Coleman.

“Terry was a fantastic South Sydney junior and we looked after him when he came into grade.

“He was a tremendous footballer. I know his whole family. It’s very sad, devastating.

“He was loved by everyone.”

Hill represented NSW in 14 Origin matches between 1993 and 2000, also represented Australia 13 times including at the 1995 World Cup.

More to come...

Wow. So sad to hear. Great character of the game through a fruitful period for the NSWRL/NRL

RIP Terry. Would have loved to have seen him play out his days at Souths, but we weren't financially strong enough at that time to keep him. Great footballer.

On the same day you have Dean Ritchie defending Jack Hetherington's tunnel antics as good because "it put pests in their place".

He would be all holier-than-thou if that were Latrell, or Victory Radley, or someone on the "naughty list".

Not sure about the radley part.

In actuality, I've been a bit down the rabbit hole in regards to just who is the biggest politis rentboy in the current media, and by a big margin it is dean ritchie.

Then I think of the injuries Robinson has had to deal with and I feel sad.

Back