• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

News, General Articles and Discussion

What a waste of talent.
I personally think it should not be a long suspension and he returns with strict guides.

How do you tie the Navy and the ocean into red and green?

FFS it's one day we change to a Naval representation to honour what to me is the most sacred day in Australia, and you want to call it "disgusting".

Maybe you have to have served to understand, I don't know, but personally I find any comment or action that does not place ANZAC Day commemoration ahead of a one day colour change disgusting.

Go The Bunnies, Go The Navy!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love our jumpers this year that jumper is not SouthSydney.

Sanders to make his debut at half back

Interested in seeing how he goes.

Eels are struggling in all grades

Sanders and Strange will be a hell of a combo in future seasons

But then it's not trying to be.

For one day it is representing The Navy and a Rabbitoh on it as well, unity and support.
So we have to abandon our colours to honour the Navy? Don’t think so.
You can still honour and respect someone or something without compromising on your own identity - in Aussie terms, it’s called “being yourself” or “being true to yourself”.

A red and green jersey with an ANZAC theme would be in keeping.

Don’t discount the money making side of these jerseys - how many different versions are rolled out each season??

I’m 64, when I was 5, 10, a teenager I had ONE Rabbitohs jersey which I adored. Wore it in the front yard, the backyard, on the 500 bus from Ryde to Central, Central to Redfern on the train and then the proud walk to Redfern Oval.

I was present when there were many tributes and presentations at the game. Didn’t need a fancy jersey to show genuine respect, feeling and remorse and neither did anyone else at the ground.

The jersey doesn’t define the intention.

So we have to abandon our colours to honour the Navy? Don’t think so.

Overly dramatic to use the word abandon, a change to reflect our required involvment with ANZAC Day, yes Day, one day, is hardly abandonment.

It should be remembered that without the involvement of our armed forces in WW1 and WW2 we probably would all be playing Origami instead of Origin and would have no rugby league or South Sydney.

You can still honour and respect someone or something without compromising on your own identity - in Aussie terms, it’s called “being yourself” or “being true to yourself”.

We haven't compromised our identity in any way. There is a large Rabbitoh emblem on the jersey, unless you're Stevie Wonder you can identify this easily.

A red and green jersey with an ANZAC theme would be in keeping.

For you perhaps.

However the Souths marketing area in conjunction with the NRL have decided to go another way and highlight the Navy with the Navy Blue being the selected colour.

I can assure you doing this for one match will not impact me, you or any other supporter in any way.
I am struggling to grasp what difference it makes, especially when the cause is for a sacred day in Australian and New Zealand history.

Don’t discount the money making side of these jerseys - how many different versions are rolled out each season??

It's called revenue, it's how a business stays afloat.

We "Abandon" the red stripes for bright pink ones for the Women in League round, is that a problem?
We are not pink and green, we are red and green, have a problem with that too?

1713902566117.png

I’m 64, when I was 5, 10, a teenager I had ONE Rabbitohs jersey which I adored. Wore it in the front yard, the backyard, on the 500 bus from Ryde to Central, Central to Redfern on the train and then the proud walk to Redfern Oval.

I was present when there were many tributes and presentations at the game. Didn’t need a fancy jersey to show genuine respect, feeling and remorse and neither did anyone else at the ground.

I'm 64 too, times, standards and marketing requirements change.

The women in league jersey is instantly recognisable as Souths.

The Canterbury jersey is not remotely Souths, nor was the sky blue one (was it last year?). It will be hard to watch the game for me.

P.S. Darque, really happy that your tests results were good.

Last edited:
The women in league jersey is instantly recognisable as Souths.

Sure, if you identify Souths as Pink and Green.

The Canterbury jersey is not remotely Souths,

It's not a Canterbury jersey, like it or not it's now a Souths jersey and a part of our history.

nor was the sky blue one (was it last year?). It will be hard to watch the game for me.

Personally I don't like the ANZAC jumper, but happy to go with it and support it in honour of my military brothers and sisters for one solitary day.

P.S. Darque, really happy that your tests results were good.

Thanks man, I feel far happier and more relaxed after the results. Until next time the tests come around LOL. :eek:

Latest posts

Back