• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

News, General Articles and Discussion

So Burgess had a blinder last game running hard and fast , why doesnt he do that all the time,like other props do, could certian players be affecting the form of others eg Lattrel didnt play , Cody may as well not be there ...
Tom has always been our best forward in attack over a season. Always takes 3 or 4 tacklers with him. He’ll be a big loss with no decent replacement prop in sight!

im ok with tom finishing up at 32 years old.if he plays 19more games hes a 250 gamer. thats about the right time to leave and go to sl.

Tom is going to be hard to replace, and part of me hopes he might change his mind and go around one more year.
Then the other part of me says it may well be just one year too many perhaps.
Better err on the side of caution than go one year too long and tarnish the reputation.

Gotta have a big bopper lined up to come to us though. There is no one internally to fill the void.

Tom is going to be hard to replace, and part of me hopes he might change his mind and go around one more year.
Better err on the side of caution than go one year too long and tarnish the reputation.

Gotta have a big bopper lined up to come to us though. There is no one internally to fill the void.
They just renewed Shaq for 2 more years . He'll only get better but we do need another big middle signing.

They just renewed Shaq for 2 more years . He'll only get better but we do need another big middle signing.
Shaq is not the answer. He has reached his limit I think. I would not allow the current recruiting team to make any decisions and they should be sacked asap

Shaq is not the answer. He has reached his limit I think. I would not allow the current recruiting team to make any decisions and they should be sacked asap
A bit late now as he's already been signed. He's a ball player, if he's allowed to use his skills he's well worth persevering with. Hard to find great middles right now. I doubt we paid much so worth keeping in my opinion.

Manu contract for one season. Apparently available from May (Rnd 12) next year. Nice rort rorters.

He is definitely not a like for like replacement of Tats for sure. But he is a good bench/injury replacement squad player for sure. If he plays around 10 games a year, we’re going well I reckon

I'm not sure on this one - his running game is still top notch, but his defence has fallen off a cliff this year. He can't move quick enough laterally and has missed more tackles than any other running forward in the NRL in 2024.

I think he's finishing up at the right time, but yes, we need to replace him properly.

That could be a massive injury to Ponga. If he's damaged his foot arch ligament like it appears, from what I'm reading that's a 3 to 12 month injury. I suffered gout in the past . Totally gone now ,but I got it at one stage in the foot arch . It was up there with any injury regarding pain. I just didn't want to walk.

Back