• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

My Dog Died

No mate, too much pain.

Don't rule it out.

A few years ago we lost our girl Minky to meningitis.

We loved her so much and at the time we said we couldn't possibly get another doggo.

That lasted about 6 weeks, I just hated coming home and not having a doggo greet me and fill the house with love. We went to a lost dog pound and found a wonderful little girl who had had a very rough life and had been dumped.

Anyway, we rescued her (Molly) and I have now had her about 8 years, she is the most wonderful thing to come into my life, and rescuing her made it so special.

Don't rush yourself, but don't rule it out, when it's right it will feel right.

Molly sends her love...................

1713733718730.png

No mate, too much pain.
We lost our last cat (a gorgeous boy) 2 years ago. He lived to 22. Previously we'd had a dog, 13 cats at various times, goats and a lot of other animals. When the last cat passed away we decided not to get another pet. He / she would probably outlive us, and we do quite a bit of travel these days, which is pretty unfair on a pet. We put up a number of possum boxes around our property. Now we have a gorgeous girl possum who, for some reason, is diurnal rather than nocturnal. She comes out whenever we emerge from the house. She loves banana, avocado, almonds, berries - and, like me, detests cucumber and celery. A kindred spirit. She's very much like a pet to us now even though she's a wild animal. She's filled a gap and is a real joy to us.

very sorry to hear of your loss and thinking of you in your time of extreme grief lost both our dogs in recent years and it's always a vey very very sad loss -they are irreplacable

We lost our last cat (a gorgeous boy) 2 years ago. He lived to 22.

That's an incredible run for a pussy cat. I thought I was doing well when I had to have my pussy cat put down 2 months short of his 20th birthday.

The loss of a pet hits hard. We lost our last toy poodle a few days after the wife’s mother passed. That was the worst time, we had Jemma for 15 years and vowed to never get another dog……a year or so later we relented and got another toy poodle pup at about 10 weeks old and it‘s uncanny how so much like Jemma she is, same colour, habits and characteristics. Anyway Ziggy is now 5 years old and at the centre of everything that goes on in our house absolutely smart and intelligent and once we established a routine she fits in like a glove. She is the easiest dog we’ve ever had to train.FullSizeRender.jpeg

That's an incredible run for a pussy cat. I thought I was doing well when I had to have my pussy cat put down 2 months short of his 20th birthday.
We've had two cats hit 20 and the last boy just made 22. The last 6 months was pretty sad - he faded quickly.

It's always hard losing a special pet. I have said previously I don't want another to take their place but we eventually do and it is a good think I think. I thought it would diminish the memory of the lost one but it doesn't. The pros definitely outweigh the cons. I hope you at least give it a thought Grumpy

The loss of a pet hits hard. We lost our last toy poodle a few days after the wife’s mother passed. That was the worst time, we had Jemma for 15 years and vowed to never get another dog……a year or so later we relented and got another toy poodle pup at about 10 weeks old and it‘s uncanny how so much like Jemma she is, same colour, habits and characteristics. Anyway Ziggy is now 5 years old and at the centre of everything that goes on in our house absolutely smart and intelligent and once we established a routine she fits in like a glove. She is the easiest dog we’ve ever had to train.View attachment 2354
Cute dog!

On the subject of getting another one. After we lost our last boy 7 years ago, I said to my girls that I didn’t want to go through that pain again. No way would I get another one

A year later we came home with 2😆😆
As devastated as I am I’ve still got my little red cattle dog to get me though even though she’s missing him terribly 💕

Hope you’re holding up ok grumpy

Back