• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

My Dog Died

Feel your pain Grumpy. I had to do the same for my boy during the week. Tried everything we could to help him but it was a bridge too far in the end.
We‘ll see them on the others side where we’ll celebrate well.
in the meantime it leaves a massive massive hole. My boy was my shadow, never left my side😰

Had to put my dog, Xena ,down yesterday. It broke my heart.

14 yrs she has slept on my bed.

I coudnt sleep last night, without her.

I live alone.

The Rabs are not going so well.

In real life, who cares. Life is short people.

I am genuinely so sorry, there is no greater loss than a loved pet, who really is a loved friend.
Be patient, it will take time to heal.

1713593794336.png

Feel your pain Grumpy. I had to do the same for my boy. Tried everything we could to help him but it was a bridge too far in the end.
We‘ll see them on the others side where we’ll celebrate well.
in the meantime it leaves a massive massive hole. My boy was my shadow, never left my side😰

So sorry bro, that sort of pain is just so hard.

I bet you gave her a great life and she was lucky to have you as her owner, give it a bit then maybe a new puppy to share your home, im a biggy staffy fan, especially females, they just never seem to bark which is never a bad thing..

I live alone.

Hey GR.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. People who are not animal people will never understand the bond that people create with their pets.

The next few weeks will be difficult so it's important you have someone to talk to. Please PM me any time. I can imagine the love you gave Xena and she lived the best life.

Aargh!!! Brings back painful memories, sorry for your loss Grumpy. :(

Sad to hear Grumps. May I suggest you get another dog. Probably not a puppy, they can be a bit of a handful. Maybe a rescue dog that would be so happy you picked them. Can't replace Xeno but might make things a little easier and you won't be alone.

So sorry to hear Grumps. And you too Sutto.

Having had dogs most of life, they are so special and such an important part of life. I’ll be beside myself when my little shadow leaves us for greener pastures (hopefully not for a long time yet).

Sorry to hear for both Grumpy and sutto. I can accurately and sadly say that losing a good doggo is as painful as losing any family member.

Sorry to hear you’re both going through that - hopefully the nuthouse that is the Pride can give you both commiserations and distraction during this time.

I live alone.

Look at your replies people do care,even when you think they don't and life seems cruel , but take comfort in knowing that xena was loved and that she loved you

Back