• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Leeds sack Jesse Marsch

HarryofOz

Grand Master
Reaction score
Leeds have parted company with coach Jesse Marsch and his coaching team.

Mixed feelings about this though there was a sense of inevitability about it as we slid closer and closer to the bottom three. However, I am a bit surprised given the players we brought in through the transfer windows had links with Marsch. I did think the board would so how we went for the rest of the month.

I must admit that I enjoy our pressing attacking style of football but unfortunately - as our league position and results show - it wasn't working. Yes, we didn't look bad but we kept on losing, and in the end it's results that count in sport.

I can only assume that we have a replacement lined up. With his coaching team going as well, it doesn't look like there'll be a temporary replacement - though with the Man Utd game just two days away, there probably will be for that match.

There is no doubt that we have improved a lot under Gracia and our record against fellow relegation candidates has been excellent so far - and those are the key matches.

But I cannot for the life of me understand what happened against Palace yesterday. That was the epitome of a game of two halves.

We played so well in the first half and even though there was the 'it's only a one goal lead' I was feeling confident even when Palace got that late equaliser.

Never could I have imagined the dramatic turnaround in the second half where Palace gave us a footballing lesson, especially in how to score goals.

So here we are just two points out of the relegation zone with tough games against Liverpool and Fulham coming up. Fingers crossed we can pull off an unlikely win in one of those.

Rumours abound that Sam Alardyce is about to replace Gracia as Leeds' coach. Said to be happening early today in England.

Wow.

Oh well, that's it then. Though in truth the writing has been on the wall for a while now. Kept hoping for an unexpected win to turn things around but didn't really expect it to happen.

Fingers now firmly crossed for a quick promotion.

Back