• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

Some of his critics on here will still find something wrong with his game no matter where he plays. They won't allow themselves to be proven wrong. It's just part and parcel of this place and is a recurring theme. 🤨

Like the clown who has refused to devote 1 point to Walker in the 3-2-1 thread over his 212 game career 😆😆

Walker turns 35 in January and remains without a deal after the 2025 season, but Bennett is reportedly keen to re-sign him beyond his current contract. “Cody plays to a very high standard so I don't see any reason why he can't continue,” Bennett said.20 Sept 2024

Walker turns 35 in January and remains without a deal after the 2025 season, but Bennett is reportedly keen to re-sign him beyond his current contract. “Cody plays to a very high standard so I don't see any reason why he can't continue,” Bennett said.20 Sept 2024
Not supprting the Nifty stance here, however when I first read that, I read it as Bennett doing Bennett things by pumping up his player, not necessarily that he actually wants him to sign longer term.

I'd indeed go on record to say I'd be shocked if he played on beyond next season (I was vocal earlier in the year that I didn't see him even making it through next season, until Wayne became the new coach).

Come on man, Honest Nifty reckons WB wants him gone😆

Not supprting the Nifty stance here, however when I first read that, I read it as Bennett doing Bennett things by pumping up his player, not necessarily that he actually wants him to sign longer term.

I'd indeed go on record to say I'd be shocked if he played on beyond next season (I was vocal earlier in the year that I didn't see him even making it through next season, until Wayne became the new coach).
Exactly how I read it. Wayne using the media the way he likes to do to keep Walker on his toes as opposed to it being certain he will be getting a new contract.

I imagine all clubs with halfs like DCE, Hunt, Walker, Reynolds etc are looking at elite junior development, looking at the expansion clubs on the horizon and are thinking ‘play for as long as you can fellas’.

I imagine all clubs with halfs like DCE, Hunt, Walker, Reynolds etc are looking at elite junior development, looking at the expansion clubs on the horizon and are thinking ‘play for as long as you can fellas’.
Apart from the Dragons who supposedly want Hunt gone

And speaking of Hunt, how pissed off would you be when you asked for a release at the start of the year, stayed cause they said no, but then at the end of the year, when things are getting better, they tell you to look around

And speaking of Hunt, how pissed off would you be when you asked for a release at the start of the year, stayed cause they said no, but then at the end of the year, when things are getting better, they tell you to look around
This is one thing I have never understood about the Dragons - a once proud club.

How can you have at your club the highest paid player and captain, who has openly agitated for a release for the last couple of years. These sorts of players - no matter how much talent they have - are toxic to team culture.

I will be very nervous if he gets a 3 year extension...year by year would be better if he accepted that...

People worrying about Cody need to look at the careers of Cliff Lyons, Steve Menzies, and Gavin Miller, to name a few. Cody had a late start to the NRL and has had a fairly decent run with injuries. I wouldn't be counting him out on playing longer than most of us anticipate.

I will be very nervous if he gets a 3 year extension...year by year would be better if he accepted that...

I assume Wayne is looking at his own three year contract and thinking, I have Cody for year 1, looking at the current landscape, he probably wants him for his full tenure here.

If he stays longer he can sort out the replacement, or push the changeover to the next guy’s to-do list.

Latest posts

Back